Current Affairs For 19th July 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Which of the following day is observed Every year as a World Day of International Justice _________?.
A. 15 July
B. 16 July
C. 17 July
D. 18 July
Explanation: World Day of International Justice widely known as International Justice Day is celebrated on July 17 every year.
● The day recognizes the developing and strengthening system of international justice that has
emerged since the Nuremberg Trials and Tokyo Trials after World War II.
02.India has opened a trade route from Jaigaon to _________.
C. West Bengal
With an aim to increase trade and connectivity, India and Bhutan opened a new land trade route.
● The trade route will link West Bengal’s Jaigaon with Ahlay, Pasakha in Bhutan.
● The new route for Pasakha Industrial Estate in Bhutan will decongest vehicular traffic along the Jaigaon- Phuentsholing route and commerce.
03. India has recently signed an agreement on cybersecurity with
C. New Zealand
Explanation: India and Israel have signed an agreement to further expand collaboration in dealing with cyber threats amid rapid digitization due to the coronavirus pandemic.
● The agreement also involved the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) that operates under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and INCD.
04. Cochin Shipyard will build two autonomous electric ferries for
which of the following country?
Explanation: Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) has signed a contract for the construction and supply of two autonomous electric ferries for ASKO Maritime AS, Norway.
● ASKO Maritime AS is a subsidiary of NorgesGruppen ASA, one of the largest players in the Norwegian retail segment.
05. Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) has given approval to the first fully indigenously developed Polysaccharide Conjugate Vaccine. This vaccine has been developed to cure _______.
Explanation: Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) has given approval to the first fully indigenously developed Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Conjugate Vaccine.
● This vaccine is used for active immunization against invasive disease and pneumonia caused by “Streptococcus pneumonia” in infants.
● This is the first indigenously developed vaccine in the field of pneumonia.
06. Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing(SAP) India has partnered with which of the following UN organizations to improve the employability of young people?
C. World Health Organization
D. Food and Agriculture Organization
Explanation: On World Youth Skills Day, UNICEF India has announced a partnership with SAP India to provide career counseling to young people in the country that will improve their employability skills in a COVID and post-COVID era.
● UNICEF is collaborating with YuWaah (Generation Unlimited) under this initiative to provide digital education and occupational skillset to the underserved young people of the country.
07. Which of the following country will host the 2022 FIFA World
Explanation: Fifa announced the match schedule for World Cup 2022, to be held from November 21 to December 18 in Qatar.
● The Al Bayt Stadium will be the stage for hosts Qatar to kick off the tournament on 21 November 2022.
● The group stage will last 12 days and, with four matches per day.
08. Who among the following became the new chairman of HCL Tech?
A. Anant Gupta
B. C Vijayakumar
C. Shobhana Bhartia
D. Roshni Nadar Malhotra
Explanation: India’s wealthiest woman, Roshni Nadar Malhotra becomes the new chairman of Noida-based IT company, HCL Technologies.
● The appointment of non-executive director Roshni Nadar Malhotra to the new role takes effect immediately.
● She will replace her father, Shiv Nadar.
09. Recently, Purushottam Priyadasji passed away. He was a/an _______?.
A. Flute Player
B. Khayal Singer
C. Kathak dancer
Explanation:Acharya Shree Purushottam Priyadasji Swamishree passed away due to COVID-19. He was the head of Swaminarayan Sanstha.
● He was the fifth heir in the lineage of ascetic acharyas. He was presently incumbent Acharya of Shree Swaminarayan Gadi.
10. Which of the following institute’s start-up developed a portable hospital called “MediCAB”?
A. IIT New Delhi
B. IIT Madras
C. IIT Delhi
D. IIT Kanpur
Explanation:Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) start-up Modulus Housing, has developed a portable hospital unit called ‘MediCAB,’.
● This unit can be installed anywhere within two hours by four people.
● The Medicab is foldable and is composed of four zones: a doctor’s room, an isolation room, a medical room/ward and a twin-bed ICU, maintained at negative pressure.