Current Affairs For 31th July 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01.World Nature Conservation Day is observed every year on ________.
A. 25 July
B. 26 July
C. 27 July
D. 28 July
Explanation:World Nature Conservation Day is observed on 28th July every year.
● The day is celebrated internationally to increase awareness about the best practices to protect our natural resources.
02. International Tigers day is observed every year on
A. 27 July
B. 28 July
C. 29 July
D. 30 July
Explanation: International Tiger Day is being celebrated on 29 July 2020. The Day is celebrated across the globe to create awareness about tiger conservation.
● Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar released All India Tiger Estimation Report-2018.
● India is home to nearly 70 per cent of the global tiger population and it leads the world in showing effective conservation of the wild species.
03.In July 2020, India, Indonesia Defence Ministers’ Dialogue held
Explanation: Defence Ministers’ Dialogue between India and Indonesia was held in New Delhi.
● Defence Minister Rajnath Singh led the Indian delegation while the Indonesian delegation was led by their Defence
Minister General Prabowo Subianto.
● Both the Ministers agreed to further enhance the bilateral defence cooperation in mutually agreed areas.
04. Recently, the first batch of five Rafale fighter jets arrived at
A. Pathankot air base
B. Hindon air base
C. Sulur air base
D. Ambala air base
Explanation: The first batch of five Rafale jets arrived in Ambala.
● The fleet, comprising three single seater and two twin seater aircraft.
● They will be inducted into the IAF as part of its No. 17 Squadron, also known as the ”Golden Arrows”, and will be
stationed at the Ambala air base.
05.IRCTC along with which of the following has ________ launch new Co-branded Contactless Credit Card on RuPay Platform?
A. Axis Bank
C. HDFC Bank
D. IDFC Bank
Explanation: IRCTC and SBI Card together launched their new Co-branded Contactless Credit Card on RuPay
● Railway Minister Piyush Goyal dedicated this new card to the Nation.
● The new RuPay credit card is equipped with Near Field Communication, NFC, technology with
which users can expedite their transactions at the POS machines by just tapping the card on the
06. Which of the following became India’s 1st DGCA-approved drone training school?
A.Bombay Flying Club
A. Indian Aviation Academy
B. Indian Aerospace & Engineering
C. Delhi Flying Club
Explanation: The Bombay Flying Club has become the first DGCA-approved drone training school of the country.
● The DGCA approved the club’s application “for conducting remote pilot training for remotely piloted aircraft
● The ministry has started from June 8 the registration process for non-compliant drones which were not
registered with the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and have not been granted drone
acknowledgement numbers (DANs).
07.What is the name of India’s first
Explanation: Aditya, India’s first solar-powered ferry that commenced operations in 2017 in Kerala’s Vembanad backwaters,
has won the prestigious Gustave Trouve Award for Excellence in Electric Boats and Boating.
● The ferry was adjudged the world’s best electric boat in the category of ferries designed for paid passenger
08. Recently, cricketer, Kazi Anik Islam has been handed a two-year ban by the national cricket board for failing a dope test in 2018. He plays international cricket for
B. South Africa
Explanation: Young Bangladesh pacer Kazi Anik Islam has been handed a two-year ban by the national cricket board for failing a
dope test in 2018.
● Kazi, who was Bangladesh’s leading wicket-taker in the 2018 U-19 World Cup, tested positive for
Methamphetamine, a prohibited substance, during a National Cricket League game in the same year.
09. Recently, Achyuta Rao passed away. He was a famous ________.
B. Social Activist
Explanation: The founder and President of Balala Hakula Sangham, P Achyuta Rao passed away due to COVID-19.
● He was a well-known child rights activist and had founded Balala Hakula Sangham in 1984.
● He is known to have helped prevent child marriages, incidents of child sexual abuse, and child labour.
10. Who among the following Indian climate activist has been named by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to his new advisory group?
A. Licypriya Kangujam
B. Sunita Narain
C. Archana Soreng
D. Vandana Shiva
Explanation: Indian climate activist, Archana Soreng has been named by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to his
new advisory group comprising young leaders.
● These leaders will provide perspectives and solutions to tackle the worsening climate crisis, as the global
body mobilizes action as part of the COVID-19 recovery efforts.
● She joins six other young climate leaders from around the world.