Current Affairs For 27th July 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01.In July 2020, which of the following country successfully
holds a flight test of a 3D-printed aircraft engine?
Explanation: Russia has conducted a successful flight test of an MGTD-20 gas turbine 3D-printed aircraft engine.
● Its production is scheduled for 2021-2022.
● With the new technology, the production time of the main engine elements has been reduced by 20 times
and the cost of their production has been reduced by more than two times.
02. General Prabowo Subianto will pay a three-day visit to India. He is the defence minister of ________.
Explanation: Indonesian defence minister General Prabowo Subianto will pay a three-day visit to India.
● General Prabowo will be visiting India from July 26 to 28 and will lay a wreath at the National War Memorial.
● He will be also presented with a Guard of Honour at South Block Lawns.
03. What is the name given to a recently conducted India’s first
ever scholarships and admissions test for foreign students under its Study in India programme?
Explanation: Human Resources and Development Ministry conducted the first-ever Indian Scholastic Assessment (Ind-SAT) Test 2020 under its Study in India programme.
● Nearly five thousand candidates from Nepal, Ethiopia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Uganda, Tanzania,
Rwanda, Sri-Lanka, Kenya, Zambia, Indonesia and Mauritius appeared for the exam.
● The exam was conducted in the proctored Internet mode by the National Testing Agency.
04. Who among the following recently attended Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Health Ministers’ meeting?
A. Prakash Javadekar
B. JP Nadda
C. Harsh Vardhan
D. Ramesh Pokhriyal
Explanation: The Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan attended the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Health Ministers’ meeting,
● He highlighted India’s efforts to combat the impact of COVID-19 pandemic.
● During the meeting, Dr. Harsh Vardhan proposed setting up a new sub-group on traditional medicine
under the existing institutional meetings of SCO Health Ministers.
05. Which of the following state government will start a Self test
system for COVID-19 in all districts?
A. Andhra Pradesh
B. Madhya Pradesh
D. Uttar Pradesh
Explanation:Uttar Pradesh government is going to start a Self test system for COVID-19 in all districts so that anyone can go and get himself tested.
● UP is now in second place in the country in terms of COVID testing.
06. Who among the following has been appointed as the new Health
Explanation: Rajesh Bhushan, IAS officer of 1987 Batch, Bihar Cadre has been appointed as the new Health Secretary in the Union Health Ministry.
● He was earlier holding the post of OSD in the Health Ministry and will succeed Preeti Sudan upon completion of her tenure on 31st of this month.
07. Naveen Tahilyani has been appointed as the MD & CEO of
which of the following company?
A.Tata AIA Life
C.SBI Life Insurance
Explanation: Naveen Tahilyani has been appointed by Tata AIA Life Limited as its Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
● He will take over from the current CEO Rishi Srivastava, who has been appointed as chief executive officer, group agency distribution, AIA Group, Hong Kong.
● Tahilyani was roped in by Axis Bank as group executive- head of banking operations and transformation.
08.After the demise of Lal Ji Tandon, Who among the following has
been appointed as the governor of Madhya Pradesh?
D.R. N. Ravi
Explanation:President Ram Nath Kovind appointed Smt. Anandiben Patel the Governor of Madhya Pradesh.
● Presently, she is the Governor of Uttar Pradesh.
● She has been given the additional charge of the Governor of Madhya Pradesh after the demise of Lal Ji Tandon.
09. Recently, Sripali Weerakkody announced her retirement. She
was associated with which of the following sports?
Explanation: Sri Lankan bowling allrounder, Sripali Weerakkody has announced her retirement from International Cricket with immediate effect.
● She made her international debut in 2006 and played 89 ODIs (One Day International) and 58 T20Is (Twenty20 International) for Sri Lanka.
● Sripali Weerakkody played her last international game in 2018 and scored 722 runs and 58 wickets in ODIs, and
209 runs and 31 wickets in T20Is.
10. Which of the following country has banned over 100 textbooks for containing ‘objectionable content?
Explanation: Pakistan’s Punjab government has banned over 100 textbooks for having “blasphemous and objectionable content” such as not showing Pakistan-occupied Kashmir as part of the country.
● Some books had not printed the correct date of the birth of Pakistan’s founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah and national poet Allama Muhammad Iqbal.