Current Affairs For 28th July 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Kargil Vijay Diwas is observed every year on _______.
A. 24 July
B. 25 July
C. 26 July
D. 27 July
Explanation: On July 26, 2020, India marked Kargil Vijay Diwas. ● The day marks India’s victory over Pakistan in the Kargil war.
● On July 26, 1999, Indian Government culminated “Operation Vijay” and declared victory after a three month long battle in Kargil.
02. Recently, the Union Government has issued a certificate of GI registration for Saffron grown in ______.
Explanation: The Union Government has issued a certificate of GI registration for Saffron grown in the Kashmir
● With the GI tag, Kashmir Saffron will acquire more prominence in the export market and would help the
farmers get a better remunerative price.
03. Recently, Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development
Federation of India, TRIFED, has partnered with which of the
following institute for the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA)?
A. IIT Kanpur
B. IIT Mumbai
C. IIT Delhi
D. IIT Indore
Explanation:Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India, TRIFED, under Tribal Affairs Ministry, has entered into a partnership with IIT, Delhi for the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) which is a flagship national programme of the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
● Tribal entrepreneurs under TRIFED’s Van Dhan Programme will now be able to get access to the expertise of the
entire network of over 2,600 academic and research institutions under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan.
● This partnership can help promote enhancing livelihoods through the Van Dhan Vikas Kendras established under
the Van Dhan Yojana.
04.Kumbhar Sashaktikaran Program is launched by _______.
A.Khadi and Village Industries
A. National Small Industries
B. National Bank for Agriculture
and Rural Development
C. Small Industries Development
Bank of India
Explanation: Union Home Minister Amit Shah distributed 100 electric potter wheels among as many trained artisans in Gujarat
under the ”Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana” of the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC).
● Kumbhar Sashaktikaran Program is an initiative of the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) for
empowerment of the potter’s community in the remotest of locations in the country.
● It was launched in 2018.
05. Recent Union Agriculture Minister inaugurated the ‘World Class State of Art Honey Testing Laboratory’ at _______.
A. Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh
B. Anand, Gujarat
C. Erode, Tamil Nadu
D. Aurangabad, Maharashtra
Explanation: Union Agriculture Minister inaugurated the ‘World Class State of Art Honey Testing Laboratory’ at Anand,
● The Laboratory has been established by National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) in Anand (Gujarat) with
support of National Bee Board (NBB).
06.‘Operation Legend’ is recently in news. It is an initiative of which of the following country?
Explanation:US President Donald Trump announced a “surge of federal law enforcement” in cities run by Democrats,
including Chicago, as part of an expanded ‘Operation Legend’.
● Operation Legend is a federal law enforcement operation in the U.S. initiated by the administration of President
● The operation was named after four-year-old LeGend Taliferro, who was shot and killed in Kansas City, Missouri,
on June 29, 2020.
07.According to the Global Forest Resources Assessment (FRA)
report, India ranked ________ among top 10 countries where
forest cover has increased in the last decade.
Explanation:The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations recently released Global Forest Resources
Assessment (FRA) report.
● According to the report, India ranked third among top 10 countries where forest cover has increased in the last
● China has topped the index.
08. Recently, Union Home Minister launched the Tree Plantation
Campaign “Vriksharopan Abhiyan”. Which of the following
ministry is organising this campaign?
A. Ministry of Power
B. Ministry of Steel
C. Ministry of Corporate Affairs
D. Ministry of Coal
Explanation:Union Home Minister launched the Tree Plantation Campaign “Vriksharopan Abhiyan” of the Ministry of
Coal in the presence of Union Minister of Coal in Delhi.
● Vriksharopan Abhiyan is being organized by the Ministry of Coal involving all Coal and Lignite PSUs during which large scale plantations would be carried out in mines, colonies, offices and other suitable areas of
Coal and Lignite PSUs.
09.Ram Nath Kovind is serving as the _________ president of India?
Explanation: President Ram Nath Kovind has completed three years in office.
● Kovind hosted nine state visits by Presidents and Heads of State from July last year to July this year.
● He hosted Heads of State from the US, Sri Lanka, Zambia, Brazil, Sweden, Mongolia, Netherlands, Portugal, and
Myanmar and received 15 global leaders from five continents.
● 13 Ordinances were promulgated by the President and 11 Governors of states were appointed.
● Ram Nath Kovind is the 14th and current President of India since 25 July 2017.
● Previously he had served as the 26th Governor of Bihar from 2015 to 2017 and was a Member of Parliament, Rajya
Sabha from 1994 to 2006.
10. Which of the following country has recently eases drone export
standards over the Missile Technology Control Regime
Explanation: The Donald Trump administration in the US on relaxed standards for exporting drones to friendly countries.
● Under the new policy, drones that fly at speeds below 800 km per hour are no longer subject to the Missile
Technology Control Regime (MTCR).