“Think good an good follows. Think evil and evil follows. Think creative and creativity will show up.” Creative thinking also needs knowledge, and getting updated with current affairs is also a part of knowledge , so lets dive into todays affair..
Q1. Solar-powered vessels named ‘Ramayana’ are set to navigate which river in Ayodhya?
Ans:- 3) Saryu
- Two solar-powered ‘mini-cruise’ ships will start operating on the revered Saryu River in Ayodhya, just before the inauguration of the Ram Temple scheduled for January next year. The introduction of these solar-powered ‘Ramayana’ vessels on the Saryu River signifies a beautiful fusion of tradition and modernity.
- Alaknanda Cruise aims to offer an exceptional experience by harnessing sustainable energy and cutting-edge technology. Their initiative aims to provide an unforgettable journey for those wanting to deeply engage with the profound cultural and spiritual heritage linked to Lord Ram and the sacred city of Ayodhya.
Q2.Which city has been listed in Condé Nast’s compilation of the best places to visit in 2024?
Ans:- 2) Kochi
- Kochi, a lively city in Kerala, India, has been honored with a prestigious place on Conde Nast Traveller’s list of the top destinations to visit in Asia in 2024. This recognition applauds the city’s dedication to offering travelers enriching experiences while prioritizing eco-friendly practices and safeguarding its cultural legacy.
- Kochi International Airport (CIAL) holds the distinction of being the world’s first airport to function entirely on solar energy. This eco-friendly initiative showcases Kerala’s strong commitment to sustainable practices.
Q3. The Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) foresees significant growth in Indian e-commerce exports, targeting what financial milestone in the span of 6-7 years?
- $100 Billion
- $150 Billion
- $200 Billion
- $250 Billion
Ans:- 3)$200 Billion
- India’s Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) anticipates a substantial surge in the nation’s e-commerce exports. They project an increase from the current $1.2 billion to an impressive $200 billion within the next six to seven years. Santosh Kumar Sarangi, DGFT, shared these insights at the ‘E-commerce Exports’ conference organized by Ficci, emphasizing the immense potential within India’s e-commerce sector.
- Sarangi attributes this positive forecast to the diverse range of products, continual innovation in products, and the adeptness of Indian entrepreneurs in customizing products to meet specific market demands.
Q4.What was highlighted during the 2nd Voice of Global South Summit?
- Economic challenges in the Global South
- Environmental sustainability initiatives
- Technological advancements in developing nations
- Cultural diversity in emerging markets
Ans:- 1)Economic challenges in the Global South
- The Second Voice of Global South Summit, held virtually and hosted by India on November 17, was a crucial gathering that brought member countries together.
- The summit served as a platform for these nations to exchange their viewpoints and priorities, focusing on the theme “Together for Everyone’s Growth with Everyone’s Trust.” It offered an opportunity to tackle global challenges stemming from recent events and deliberate on strategies to uphold a more inclusive, representative, and progressive world order.
Q5.According to a BofA survey, which countries were highlighted as the preferred markets in the Asia Pacific region?
- China and Singapore
- India and South Korea
- Japan and India
- Malaysia and Australia
Ans:-3)Japan and India
- In a recent fund manager survey (FMS) carried out by Bank of America (BofA), Japan and India emerged as the most preferred markets within the Asia Pacific region. The survey indicated that Japan leads the rankings with a substantial net 45 percent overweight, while India follows closely at 25 percent.
- Conversely, Thailand, China, and Australia were seen as less appealing, with net underweight figures of 13 percent, 9 percent, and 9 percent, respectively.
Q6.Who has been appointed as the Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Kotak Mahindra Bank?
- Ashok Vaswani
- Uday Kotak
- Aditya Puri
- Chanda Kochhar
Ans:- 1)Ashok Vaswani
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.’s Board of Directors made a significant announcement, appointing Ashok Vaswani as the bank’s Managing Director & CEO, a crucial leadership role within the organization. At 62 years old, Vaswani began his career at Citigroup, establishing a strong foundation in the field, and further made substantial contributions during his tenure at Barclays.
- Set to assume office on January 1 for a three-year term, Vaswani’s appointment marks the transition from Dipak Gupta, who served as MD & CEO until December 31. This change raises expectations about the bank’s strategic trajectory under Vaswani’s leadership.
Q7.How many distinguished fellows did NITI Aayog appoint under its Fellowship Guidelines?
- NITI Aayog, the prestigious policy think tank of the Government of India, has recently appointed four new Distinguished Fellows for a one-year term. These include notable experts: Dr. Anoop Singh, a distinguished member of the fifteenth Finance Commission; Dr. O.P Agrawal, a seasoned expert in urban transport and a 1979 batch IAS officer; Dr. Ajai Chowdhry, a co-founder of HCL; and Sh. V. Lakshmikumaran, a legal expert with 35 years of experience.
- Renowned for their extensive expertise across various domains, these individuals are anticipated to make substantial contributions in addressing significant social, economic, and technical challenges encountered by the nation.
Q8.Where is Virat Kohli’s wax statue set to be installed?
- Madame Tussauds, London
- Jaipur Wax Museum
- Grevin Museum, Paris
- Hollywood Wax Museum, Los Angeles
Ans:- 2)Jaipur Wax Museum
- Virat Kohli’s wax statue, capturing the essence of the renowned cricketer, is set to grace the Wax Museum located within Jaipur’s Nahargarh Fort. Skilled artisans will dedicate the following month to meticulously craft the lifelike statue, ensuring precision and accuracy in its portrayal.
- Upon the addition of Virat Kohli’s statue, the Jaipur Wax Museum will proudly exhibit a collection of 43 wax statues.
Q9.Who recently passed away at the age of 90, known as a renowned art historian?
- BN Goswamy
- VS Naipaul
- RK Narayan
- MF Husain
Ans:- 1)BN Goswamy
- Renowned art historian and prolific author, B. N. Goswamy, passed away at the age of 90 at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) in Chandigarh. Goswamy was the author of over 26 books covering diverse subjects such as Pahari paintings, miniature paintings, court painters, and masters of Indian paintings.
- His specialized expertise centered on the Pahari style of paintings, becoming a foundational source for scholars and enthusiasts. Recognizing his exceptional contributions, the Government of India honored him with the Padma Shri award in 1998, followed by the Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civilian honor, in 2008.
Q10.Which country’s coast did Cyclone ‘Midhili’ make landfall on?
- Sri Lanka
- A cyclonic storm named “Midhili” is affecting the Northeast Bay of Bengal, raising considerable concerns and causing disruptions in the region. Originating as a deep depression over the Bay of Bengal, it has intensified into a significant weather event. The challenging weather conditions have led government authorities to issue alerts and implement precautionary measures.