Tips to Improve your Quant for Various Exams
As you all know the fact that most students find it a little difficult to manage Quant in the various competitive exams. Quant being the most time consuming and difficult for the non maths lovers. We bring for you few guidelines and tips to improve your quant and as to how to manage to clear the basic cut off in the exams.
How to master the QUANT:
Daily 2 hrs practice of Quant (going up to 3 hrs for weak students) will go a long way in improving your speed as well as boost up your preparation. During this time brush up chapter wise concepts along with a lot of practice questions .
5) Profit and loss
8) Ratio and proportion
10) Mixtures and allegation
12) Number series
13) Simplification and Approximation
You all Must Know these Points:
- Remember this exam is not a test of your knowledge but rather a test of your managerial skills, i.e. how well you manage your time and use your presence of mind during the exams.
- Since time is short therefore do not get attached to any question at any moment in the 1 hour duration, look for questions that click at one go, and come back to the left questions if you are left with time at the end of the section.
- At least 2 DI’s are asked in the exam so try attempting at least 1 of them correctly so as to gain 5 marks directly
- Try to score at least 10-12 marks in each section to be on a safe side section wise, and score minimum 38-45 to clear the over all cut off.
- Lastly give 4-5 mock exams to get a hang of how the exam might look like, to make strategies and gain experience so as to avoid errors during the final battle.
The purpose of these exams is not to see your knowledge but rather to test your various skills which include time management, state of mind and speed