Current Affairs For 26th July 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01.National Broadcasting Day is observed every year on ________.
Explanation: National Broadcasting Day is observed every year on 23 July.
● On this day in 1927, the first-ever radio broadcast in the country went on air from Bombay.
● Since 1927, radio has been an important part in people’s life in India.
02. India has joined hands with which of the following country to develop rapid testing for COVID-19 in under 30 seconds?
Explanation: Israel and India will work together to develop a new generation set of Covid-19 tests that aim to bring the entire testing process down to a few seconds.
● Using artificial intelligence and machine learning, these breakthrough technologies will be tested in India.
● If it is successful, it will be manufactured in India, and marketed jointly by Israel and India to the world.
03. Recently, The DRDO has established a COVID-19 testing facility at the Defence Institute of High Altitude Research (DIHAR) in _______.
Explanation: The DRDO has established a COVID-19 testing facility at the Defence Institute of High Altitude Research (DIHAR) in Leh.
● It has been established to augment the existing capacity for identification of coronavirus cases in the union territory of Ladakh.
04. Which of the following has developed smart wristband to
track coronavirus positive and suspected patients?
Explanation: All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Nagpur in collaboration with IIT Jodhpur and IIT Nagpur has indigenously designed and developed a model for effective tracking and monitoring of COVID positive and suspect patients.
● This device is in the form of a smart wristband that is designed to overcome the limitations of any existing online mobile apps for tracking and monitoring.
05. Which of the following bank has rolled out an ‘Insta Click Savings Account’?
A. State Bank of India
B. Bank of Baroda
C. ICICI Bank
D. Axis Bank
Bank of Baroda (BoB) has launched ‘Insta Click Savings Account’, a 100 per cent paperless digital self-
assisted online savings account.
● India’s third-largest public sector bank said the Insta Click Savings Account uses a new form of digital KYC (know-your-customer) and Aadhaar-based OTP (one-time personal identification number)
authentication of the customer, which can be operated from the bank’s website, through mobile phone, IPad, laptop, and PC.
06. Who among the following will take over as the Chairman and CEO of
Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN)?
Explanation: Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN), the self-regulatory organization (SRO) for the microfinance industry, announced that Alok Misra will be taking over as its chief executive officer and director from August 1, 2020.
● Misra is currently a professor and chairperson of public policy and governance at MDI Gurgaon.
07. Recently, Annie Ross passed away. He was a famous ________.
Explanation: Annie Ross, a popular jazz singer in the 1950s before crossing over into a successful film career, has died. She was 89.
● Ross rose to fame as the lead vocalist of one of jazz’s most well-respected groups, Lambert, Hendricks, and Ross.
08. Which of the following State/ UT’s Environment Department has
decided to introduce ambulances for treatment of sick trees?
Explanation: Chandigarh’s Environment Department has decided to ambulances for treatment of sick trees in the Union Territory.
● The emergency service will include the treatment of trees affected by termites & other insects.
09. Recently, Amala Shankar passed away she was a famous ________.
Explanation:● Eminent danseuse and choreographer Amala Shankar passed away.
● She was honored with the West Bengal government’s Banga Bibhusan award in 2011 for her contributions to art.
10.IPL 13 is set to be played from September 19 to November 8 in
which of the following country?
Explanation:The postponed edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) to be held in the UAE will begin on September 19, with the final to be played on November 8.
● Although the Indian board is still awaiting a green signal from the government for taking IPL out of India.