Current Affairs 12th October 2019
Current Affairs 12th October 2019 are very important for all competitive exams comprising of banking (IBPS PO, IBPS RRB, IBPS Clerical, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, RBI, SIDBI, LIC etc.)
- PM Modi takes Chinese Premier Xi Jinping around Mamallapuram, hosts dinner.
- India relaxes E-Visa rules for Chinese citizens. The decision to offer multiple entry five-year visas meet a long standing demand from China
- Delhi’s second airport, Hindon Airport begins operation. Hindon airport has been developed at Hindon Airforce station to cater air traffic from Tier II and Tier III cities. The first commercial flight from Hindon Airport to Pithoragarh was flagged off by Uttarakhand Chief Minister Sh. Trivendra Singh Rawat.
- Postpaid services to be resumed in the Kashmir valley soon. Mobile services had been snapped in Kashmir since 5th August 2019
- Trump Ready to Activate ‘Very Significant’ Sanctions against Turkey after Its Offensive in Syria. The development came after the Pentagon said that Ankara’s military incursion into northeastern Syria was damaging US-Turkey relations, adding that the US was not abandoning its Kurdish partners.
- Nobel Peace Prize: 43 year old Abiy Ahmed has won 2019 Nobel Peace prize. Abiy Ahmed is the forth and current Prime Minister of Ethiopia.
- NASA may launch 1st manned SpaceX mission in the first quarter of 2020
Business and Banking:
- Industrial output slumped the most in past 7 years and contracted for the first time in 2 years. Slump was led by a sharp decline in manufacturing, capital goods and consumer durables sector.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman seeks tax expert’s input to correct GST flaws.
- Dutee Chand breaks national record on way to gold at National Open Athletics Championship.