Current Affairs 28th October 2019
Current Affairs 28th October 2019 bring to you all the top news of the morning. These headlines are very important for all competitive exams, as it forms part of current affairs.
- India and China are for the first time patrolling Fish-Tail II, one of the 13 disputed areas along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in south-east Arunachal Pradesh, in coordination with each other in an attempt to build mutual confidence and maintain peace along the border
- Manohar Lal Khattar was sworn in as Chief Minister of Haryana. Dushyant Chautala was sworn in as Deputy Chief Minister of Haryana.
- V Nanammal, India’s oldest yoga teacher, passed off at the age of 99 years in Chennai.
- Infantry Day was celebrated on 27th October 2019. Infantry Day is observed to mark the landing of first Indian troops in Jammu and Kashmir in 1947.
- Govt, NSCN(I-M) meet today in bid to seal Naga Peace Deal. The center is likely to offer a middle path, but the outcome of the crucial meeting will decide the fate of NSCN (I-M)
- An unmanned X-37B space plane landed at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida on Sunday, wrapping up a record 780 days in orbit, the US Air Force said Sunday. The mission breaks the mysterious plane’s own record by spending more than two years in space.
- The University of Oxford is marking the centenary of the first person who passed its Doctorate of Philosophy (DPhil) degree: Lakshman Sarup. He arrived from Lahore in Colonial India to study Yaksa’s Nirukta
- Turkey’s Erdogan to sue French weekly Le Point over front page eradicator ‘insult’
- United States President Donald Trump has announced that Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi died in an operation by American Special Forces.
- China Rocket unveiled a slew of solid-fueled rockets code-named ‘Smart Dragon’ and liquid propelled rocket Tenglong.
Banking / Business
- UPI hits 1 billion transactions in October 2019.
- Kasun Rajitha conceded 75 runs in four overs, making him the most expensive bowler in T20 International cricket. During the 1st T20 between Australia and Sri Lanka, Kasun Rajitha was hit hard by David Warner, Aaron Fitch and Glenn Maxwell.
- Chinese Military team kicked out of ‘World Military Games’ for extensive cheating.
- Indian boxer Deepak lost the finals of light men’s fly 46-59 kg weight category against Zhussupov Temritas from Kazakhstan in the World Military Games in China
- Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty finished second best after osing the finals against top seeds Marcus Fernaldi Gideon and Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo of Indonesia at the French Open Super 750