Current Affairs 11th October 2019
Current Affairs 11th October 2019 are very important for all competitive exams comprising of banking (IBPS PO, IBPS RRB, IBPS Clerical, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, RBI, SIDBI, LIC etc.)
- Tamil Nadu’s port town Mamallapuram awaits XI, Modi today. The Chinese premier will be received by Tamil Nadu chief Minister and Governor upon touch down.
- India criticizes turkey military action in Syria. Calls for restraint.
- Pakistan invites former Prime Minister Sh. Manmohan Singh for Kartarpur corridor opening.
- Government will amend laws to better regulate cooperative banks. Recently a big scam has been un-earthened in Punjab and Maharashtra cooperative bank.
- Ex-Ranbaxy promoter and co-founder of Fortis Healthcare Shivinder Singh along with three others have been arrested following a complaint by Religare enterprises limited. Company has accused them of diverting funds to the tune of Rs. 740 crores.
- Government has ordered biggest review of GST since its launch
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) has proposed changes in the existing global taxation norms, a move that could shake-up e-commerce and tech giants across the world. The subject of how to tax the digital economy and the relevance of the existing global tax rules has long been a concern.
- Olga Tokarczuk (Poland) , who also won the Man Booker International Prize last year, was awarded the 2018 Nobel Prize. As Nobel prize for Literature 2018 was not given to anyone last year, this award has been awarded now.
- Peter Handke (Austria), was awarded 2019 Nobel Prize. His novels, short stories, drama are written in German language.
- Chandrayaan 2’s Orbiter observes solar flares, will help understand Sun better.
Business and Banking:
- TCS has reported net profit of Rs. 8042 cr. in Q2 (July 2019 – Sep 2019).
- Reserve bank of India has given its final approval to the merger of Kerala based district cooperative banks. The entity formed after merger of all cooperative banks will be known as Kerala Bank and it will be largest in terms of branches in Kerala.
- Boxer Mary Kom assured of 8th world medal.