Current Affairs 22nd October 2019
Current Affairs 22nd October 2019 provides you all the top headlines of the morning. This post is very important for all competitive exams, as it forms part of current affairs.
- Mangala Mani, is the 1st women scientist from ISRO to stay at Antarctica for 403 days. She was the only women in the 23 member expedition team that went to India’s research station in the icy continent in November 2016
- In a first, rail passengers were compensated for delay on board IRCTC’s Tejas express train. IRCTC paid Rs.250 to each passenger who traveled through the train that day.
- India ready to sign Kartarpur Corridor agreement, asks Pakistan to consider waiving fee on pilgrims.
- Tourists can now be able to travel to Siachen Glaciers. Tourists will be able to explore areas from Siachen Base Camp (12300 feet) to Kumar post (15600 feet).
- Government approves procurement if indigenously developed military hardware worth Rs. 3300 cr.
- Pentagon has said that all US troops being withdrawn from Syria are expected to go to Iraq
Banking / Business
- SBI Chairman Rajnish Kumar has been elected as the new president of Indian Banking Association.
- Rajasthan Royals appoint former Australian cricketer Andrew Mcdonald as head coach.