Current Affairs 24th October 2019
Current Affairs 24th October 2019 provides you all the top headlines of the morning. This post is very important for all competitive exams, as it forms part of current affairs.
- President Ram Nath Kovind attended the founding stone ceremony of Sri Sathya Sai Sanathana Samskruti at Sathya Sai Spiritual center at Kakegawa city, Japan. The city has strong presence of companies like Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha etc.
- India advices citizens visiting Turkey to exercise utmost caution.Relations between India and Turkey strained lately after President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, at the 73rd UN General Assembly session, made statements against India’s abrogation of Article 370 from Jammu and Kashmir.
- External Affairs Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar attended the Non Aligned members ministerial meeting held at Baku, Azerbaijan. India is the founding member of Non Aligned Members, countries who decided not to join American or Russian groups.
- Hong Kong officially withdraws Controversial Extradition bill that sparked mass protests, but it is unlikely that the move will end unrest.
Banking / Business
- In revival plan, Cabinet has given its nod, for merger of MTNL with BSNL.
- India’s first 5G video call was demoed by Ericsson, Qualcomm at International Mobile Conference.
- Google claims breakthrough in qauntum computer research.
- Amazon India, Railways tie up on transport of e-commerce packages.
- Government of India has opened fuel retail market for non-oil companies ahead of BPCL, HPCL sell off
- Belgium Paralympic gold medalist Marieke Vervoort ends her life through Euthanasia. She was 40 years old and was suffering from a degenerative spinal disease that caused her to have seizures, left her paralysed in her legs, and in constant pain.
- Saurav Ganguly takes control as BCCI chief in Mumbai.