Current Affairs 21st October 2019
Current Affairs 21st October 2019 provides you all the top headlines of the morning. This post is very important for all competitive exams, as it forms part of current affairs.
- Amur Falcon’s famed roosting site in Nagaland declared a temporary silent zone. Wokha district in Nagaland has declared a three-km area, a silent zone to ensure safe passage for the famed migratory visitors – the Amur Falcons—about a million of these raptors stopover in Pangti village for two months during their over 22,000-km-long yearly flights between Russia, China and Africa.
- Army destroy terror camps in POK. Several terrorist killed
- Delhi cabinet approves Rs 36 crores expenditure for anti-pollution campaigns
- Ex Attorney General K Parasaran given the ‘Most Eminent Senior Citizen Award’ by Age Care India in New Delhi
- Tamil Nadu CM K. Palaniswami conferred honorary doctorate by the Dr MGR Educational and Research Institute in Chennai
- 14-day long India-Maldives joint military exercise ‘Ex EKUVERIN – 2019’ culminates in Pune
- Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan has declared to open Kartarpur Corridor on November 9.
- Indian President Sh Ram Nath Kovind unveils bust of Mahatma Gandhi at the Centre for Peace Education in Miriam college in Quezon City in Philippines
- Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan attends G20 Health Ministers’ Meeting in Okayama City, Japan
Banking / Business
- RBI announces on TAP-Authorization of Payment Systems.
- Rohit Sharma has broken Don Bradman’s 71 year old record to have the highest average at home. After scoring double hundred against South Africa, Rohit Sharma now has an average of 99.84 edging past Bradman’s 98.22.
- Ajeetesh Sandhu wins Jeev Milkha Singh Invitational golf tournament in Chandigarh
- Kuhoo Garg and Dhruv Rawat win the mixed doubles title at the Egypt International Badminton in Cairo