Current Affairs 23rd October 2019
Current Affairs 23rd October 2019 provides you all the top headlines of the morning. This post is very important for all competitive exams, as it forms part of current affairs.
- Indian Railways has introduced Broad Gauge line link between Jaipur and Sikar.
- India opens bridge capable of handling fighter jet over “River of Death” near China border. The river bridge is crucial for troops and military equipment deployment in the Eastern Ladakh region – a contentious region between China and India.
- Indian Railways will implement Rs.18000 crores project to increase speed of the trains operating on Delhi Mumbai and Delhi Kolkata route by upgrading infrastructure. The whole process will take about 4 years to complete.
- Railway board chairman V K Yadav inaugurated the International Rail Conference 2019 and the 13th International Railway equipment exhibition.
- In QS India Rankings year 2020, IIT Bombay and IISc Bangalore retained its 1st and 2nd positions respectively. IIT Delhi has improved its position and is now the India’s 3rd best higher educational institution in India.
- President Ramnath Kovind attends enthronement ceremony of Japan new Emperor Naruhito.
- Russia, Turkey leaders hold talks on fate of Syria border.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has failed to form a government following an inconclusive repeat parliamentary elections last month, opening the door for his main rival Benny Gantz to get a chance to become the country’s next leader.
Banking / Business
- Infosys share nosedive following a whistle blower complaint which alleged that two top executives of the company were indulging in unethical practices to increase short term revenue and profits. Investigation has been ordered in the allegations made by the whisleblower.
- UBER ties up with Delhi Metro to include Public transport feature in the city. Once the feature gets enabled, Users will be able to buy tickets for Delhi Metro directly through UBER app.
- Toyota to launch its first small electric car in India in 2021
- Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Haseena accepts CAB’s invitation to attend upcoming Kolkata test between India and Bangladesh.
- Ritika Thaker (Nagpur) and Simran Singhi (Thane) reigned supreme in the BEF Egypt International series Badminton title held at Cairo Stadium
- Kuhoo Garg and Dhruv Rawat puts up a brilliant effort to win the mixed doubles title at the Egypt International series Badminton title held at Cairo Stadium.