Current Affairs 29th October 2019
Current Affairs 29th October 2019 bring to you all the top news of the morning. These headlines are very important for all competitive exams, as it forms part of current affairs.
- India’s first floating test range ready, ballistic missile trials will be done from the deck. Designed by the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), the new FTR is a 10,000 tonne ship, 200 metres long and 60 metres wide, equipped with state-of-the art electro-optical missile tracking (EOTS), S-band radar tracking and telemetry devices apart from a launch pad, a launch control and mission control centre.
- India takes Pakistan to world body for denying permission to use airspace for PM Modi’s flight.
- Air India’s Boeing plane carries Ik Onkar Symbol to celebrate Guru Nanak’s birth anniversary.
- In the first visit by any foreign delegation, European lawmakers will be visiting Kashmir after abrogation of Article 370. A total of 27 lawmakers will travel to Srinagar on 29th October 2019
Banking / Business
- Mahindra buys 100% stake in Peugeot Motorcycles. Mahindra Two Wheelers acquired 51% equity stake in Peugeot Motorcycles in 2015 in a bid to establish its presence in the European scooter market.
- Asia’s richest person Mukesh Ambani, gears up for India’s e-commerce industry with $24B holding.
- UPI hits 1B transactions in October, plans to go global. It makes UPI the fastest adopted payment system anywhere in the world
- BCCI president Sourav Ganguly has announced that there will be a contract system for first-class players. BCCI wants to bring in a secured structured payment system.
- PV Sindhu suffered early exit as she bowed out of the French Open BWF Super-750 tournament in Paris. She was defeated by Tai Tzu Ying of Chinese Taipei