Current Affairs 9th October 2019
Current Affairs 9th October 2019 are very important for all competitive exams comprising of banking (IBPS PO, IBPS RRB, IBPS Clerical, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, RBI, SIDBI, LIC etc.)
- Government plans 1400 Km long great wall of India. Center is mulling an ambitious plan to create a 1400 Km long and 5 KM wide green belt from Gujarat to Delhi – Haryana border on lines of “Great Green Wall” running through the width of Africa from Dakar (Senegal) to Djibouti, to combat climate change and desertification.
- Center lets automakers drive in cheap cars with only one airbag.
- HP may cut 500 jobs in India
- Tata Nano production halts as just 1 car sold in last 9 months.
- On Dusshera, Vice President Venkaiah Naidu calls for eliminating social evils
- Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman’s 51 Squadron was awarded unit citation by Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria for thwarting Pakistani aerial attack and shooting down enemy F-16 fighter aircraft on February 27, 2019
- Singapore replaces United States as world’s most competitive economy.
- United States would restrict visas granted to Chinese Officials involved in “Detention and abuse” of Uighurs. China has forcibly detained over one million Muslims to erase religion and culture in Xinjiang.
- United States employment falls to 50 year low in September
- Saturn overtakes Jupiter as Planet with most moons
- Dale Steyn joins Melbourne stars in BBL