Current Affairs For 23th July 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has signed a contract with which of the following companies for procurement of Mine Plough (MP) for Tank T-90 S/SK?
A.Bharat Earth Movers Limited
Explanation: Acquisition Wing of Ministry of Defence (MoD) has signed a contract with Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) for procurement of Mine Plough (MP) for Tank T-90 S/SK.
● The contract to procure 1,512 Mine Plough (MP) for Tank T-90 S/SK has been signed with the approval of Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh.
● The procurement will cost approximately Rs 557 crore.
02. Recently, Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal virtually inaugurates Zoram Mega Food Park in __________.
Explanation: Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal virtually inaugurated the first Mega Food Park, Zoram Mega Food Park in Mizoram.
● It will benefit farmers, growers, processors, consumers and prove to be a big boost to the growth of the food processing sector in the North East Region.
● Mega Food Park will provide direct and indirect employment to 5,000 people and benefit around 25,000 farmers.
03.India’s first public EV Charging Plaza has been inaugurated in _________.
Explanation:India’s first public EV (Electric Vehicle) charging plaza has been inaugurated by the Minister for Power, New & Renewable Energy, R.K Singh at Chelmsford Club in New Delhi.
● The public EV Charging Plaza has been established by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) in collaboration with New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) to make e-mobility ubiquitous and in India.
● India’s first public EV Charging Plaza will host 5 Electric Vehicle Chargers of different specifications and hence will make EV charging hassle free and convenient for the consumers.
04. Recently, Sikkim has declared a week-long lockdown. Who among the following is the current governor of Sikkim?
A. Tathagata Roy
B. B. D. Mishra
C. Ganga Prasad
D. Satyadev Narayan Arya
Explanation:The Sikkim government ordered a statewide lockdown from 6 am tomorrow to 6 am on 27th July in view of the recent surge in COVID19 cases.
● All government offices, shops, commercial establishments, markets and factories will remain closed except those granted exemptions.
05.The T20 Men’s World Cup that scheduled to be played in October-November 2020, has formally been postponed to 2022 due to COVID-19. Which of the following country was the host for this tournament?
Explanation: International Cricket Council’s (ICC’s) announced, the T20 Men’s World Cup, scheduled to be played in Australia in October-November 2020, has formally been postponed to 2022 due to COVID-19.
06.3-day long Air Force Commanders’ Conference is taking place in _______.
Explanation:The three day long Air Force Commanders’ Conference begin at Air Headquarters (Vayu Bhawan) in New Delhi.
● The theme of the conference is “Indian Air Force in the Next Decade”.
07. India will strengthen its marine capabilities by inducting four more P-8I multi-mission aircraft from _______.
Explanation:India is looking to strengthen its marine capabilities by inducting four more P-8I multi-mission aircraft from the US in 2021.
● The Indian Navy variant of the P-8A Poseidon – P-8I where I stands for India – is essentially designed for maritime patrol.
08. Ballon d’Or will not be awarded this year due to COVID-19 pandemic. Ballon d’Or is associated with _______.
Explanation: Ballon d’Or will not be awarded this year due to lack of sufficient fair conditions amid COVID-19 pandemic.
● It will not be awarded in 2020 for the first time in its history due to lack of sufficient fair conditions under exceptional circumstances and exceptional provisions.
09. Who among the following is the author of the book “Suraj Kade Marda Nahi”?
B.Baldev Singh Sadaknama
Explanation: Sahitya Akademi Award winner, Baldev Singh Sadaknama has authored a book ‘Suraj Kade Marda Nahi’ (sun never dies).
● The book portrays many aspects of freedom fighter Udham Singh.
10.According to a report by the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations (WFDSA), India has been ranked _______ on direct selling industry Index?
Explanation:According to a report by the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations (WFDSA), The Indian direct selling industry has recorded sales of USD 2.47 billion in 2019, reporting a growth of 12.1 per cent.
● This has helped the direct selling industry improve its ranking to the 15th from the earlier 19th a year before.
● According to the report, the US is leading in the list contributing 20 percent of the global direct selling industry.