Current Affairs For 21st July 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01.Which of the following countries presided over G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors meet?
Explanation: Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs, Nirmala Sitharaman participated in the 3rd G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) meeting.
● The meet was presided over by Saudi Arabia.
02. Recently, Which of the following state has launched an online cyber awareness campaign “CybHER”- Making cyberspace safe for Women and Children?
Explanation:The Telangana Director-General of Police, Mahender Reddy has launched an online cyber awareness campaign “CybHER”- Making cyberspace safe for Women and Children.
● The month long campaign has been organized by the Women Safety Wing of the Telangana State Police in collaboration with the Legal Aid Centre, and Symbiosis Law School at Hyderabad.
03.Captain Sourabh Kalia Cup is associated with ___________.
Explanation:Though Kargil Ladakh is slowly getting back to normalcy with relaxations in the Lockdown after unlock 2.
● However many important events and programmes are being cancelled due to the threat of Spread of Covid-19.
● The most popular Captain Sourabh Kalia cricket Cup has also been postponed due to the pandemic in Kargil.
04. India Ideas Summit 2020 will be held on _______.
A. 20 July
B. 21 July
C. 22 July
D. 23 July
Explanation:India Business Council will host the 2020 India Ideas Summit on July 22nd.
● The Summit convenes business and government leaders for discussions on the future of the U.S.- India Partnership and the trends shaping globalization, trade and investment, and the future of work in the COVID-era and beyond.
05. Recently, CS Seshadri passed away. He was a/an _______.
Explanation: India’s renowned mathematician and Padma Bhushan awardee Conjeevaram Srirangachari Seshadri passed away in Chennai on July 17. He was 88.
● CS Seshadri founded the Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) as part of the SPIC Science Foundation in 1989 and was its director-emeritus until his demise.
● The mathematician was known for his work in algebraic geometry, the Seshadri Constant, which is named after him.
06. Union Health Minister inaugurated India’s largest OPD in India, Rajkumari Amrit Kaur OPD building at the premises of________?.
A. AIIMS, Patna
B. Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi
C. Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
D. AIIMS, New Delhi
Explanation: Union Health Minister inaugurated the newly constructed Rajkumari Amrit Kaur OPD building at the premises of AIIMS, New Delhi.
● Built on an area of approximately 6,300 sqm, RAK OPD is the largest known OPD in India.
07. Recently,Government has approved Zonal Master Plan (ZMP) of Bhagirathi Eco-Sensitive Zone. Bhagirathi Eco-Sensitive Zone is in _______.
Explanation:Union Environment Minister informed that the Zonal Master Plan (ZMP) of Bhagirathi Eco-Sensitive Zone has been approved by the government.
● The Bhagirathi Eco-Sensitive Zone notification from Gaumukh to Uttarkashi in Uttarakhand covering an area of 4179 sq. kilometre was issued by the Ministry of Environment in 2012.
08. Central Vista redevelopment project is associated with whic of the following city?
Explanation: The Central Vista is a 3 km stretch in the heart of New Delhi that runs from the Rashtrapati Bhavan to India Gate.
● It is flanked by large green spaces and significant structures such as Parliament, the Secretariat buildings and the National Archives.
09.Who among the following has been appointed as new MD & CEO
of SBI Cards?
C.Ashwini Kumar Tewari
Explanation:SBI Cards and Payment Services, the country’s second-largest credit card issuer, has a new Managing Director & CEO in Ashwini Kumar Tewari.
10. The Railway Board Chairman has announced that Indian Railways has set the target to connect the capital cities of all the North-Eastern states of India to the rail network by 2023. Who among the following is the current chairman of Railway Board?
A.P C Sharma
Explanation: The Railway Board Chairman VK Yadav has announced that Indian Railways has set the target to connect the capital cities of all the North-Eastern states of India to the rail network by 2023.
● In the present time, except for Sikkim, all North-Eastern states have connectivity to the rail network.
● The capitals of Assam, Tripura and Arunachal Pradesh are already connected to the railway network.