Current Affairs 7th May 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- World’s 1st Malaria Vaccine Launched In Africa.
-The world’s first-ever malaria vaccine was launched in a pilot project in Afica’s Malawi. The country is the first of three in Africa in which the vaccine, known as RTS,S, will be made available to children up to 2 years of age.
- Kazakhstan Sets Up Coordinating Council To Attract Indian Investment.
-Kazakhstan has set up Coordinating Council for attracting foreign investments including from India. A decision was taken to lay down the functions of Investment Ombudsman in order to venture for new approaches to improve the investment scenario in Kazakhstan.
- Iran, Pakistan To Set Up Border ‘Reaction Force’.
-Iran and Pakistan have agreed to set up a joint border “reaction force” to combat the attacks by militant groups on both sides their frontier.
- RBI Becomes The First APAC Central Bank To Begin Interest Rate Easing Cycle.
-The Reserve Bankof India has become the first central bankin the Asia-Pacific region to begin an explicit interest rate easing cycle. The Monetary Policy Committee, headed by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das, cut rates in February and April.
- Kotak Bank Launches Debit Card-Based e-mandate On NPCI’s API Platform.
-Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched ther first debit card-based authentication solution on NPCI’s e-Mandate API platform.
- Induslnd Bank Receives NCLT Approval For Merger With Bharat Financial Inclusion.
-National Company Law Tribunal approved the merger of private sector lender Induslnd Bank with Bharat Financial Inclusion, a microfinance company.
- SEBI Reduces Minimum Subscription Requirement For REITs,Invlts.
-Market regulator SEBI has reduced the minimum subscription requirement as well as defined trading lots for Real Estate Investment Trusts and Infrastructure Investment Trusts. SEBI has also increased the leverage limit for InvlTs from 49% to 70%.
- BuyUcoin Introduces First Indian Platform for Wholesale Cryptocurrency Trading.
-BuyUcoin, second oldest Cryptocurrency Exchange in India, has introduced a new and unique platform for wholesale cryptocurrency trading.
- RBI Sells Entire StakeIn NHB, Nabard To Governement For INR 1,470 crore.
-The Reserve Bank of India has diversted its entire stake held in National Housing Bank, and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development to the government, which now holds 100% in these entitles.
- MD Karnam Sekar Appointed As IOB’s New MD & CEO.
-Former Dena Bank MD & CEO Karnam Sekar is set to take over as the new Managing Director and CEO of Indian Overseas Bank from July 1, 2019. He will take over from R Subramaniakumar.