Current Affairs 30th August 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Union HRD Minister launches NISHTHA
– Union HRD Minister launched the training programme NISHTHA, (National Initiative for School Heads and Teachers Holistic Advancement) to improve Learning Outcomes at the Elementary level across the country. This is the largest teachers’ training programme of its kind in the world.
- “Op-Blue Freedom” flag off in Delhi
– Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju and former India football captain Baichung Bhutia flagged off Op-Blue Freedom in Delhi. This is an initiative in which a group of armed forces veterans train sports enthusiasts in survival training and self-defence.
- Amazon’s largest campus in the world inaugurated in Hyderabad
– Amazon has opened its largest campus in the world in Hyderabad. The campus covers 1.8 million square feet and can accommodate 15,000 workers.
- 9th Session of India-Kenya Joint Trade Committee
– The 9th Session of the India-Kenya Joint Trade Committee was held in New Delhi. The Joint Trade Committee reviewed the progress in cooperation in the power sector, renewable energy, petroleum and natural gas, civil aviation and agricultural research.
- Super 50 programme launched in Maharashtra
– Maharashtra’s Tribal Development Department in association with the Pace Educational Trust launched an academic programme “Super 50”. The programme has been launched for young tribal students aspiring to be doctors and engineers.
- RBI allows e-mandate for cards for recurring transactions
– The Reserve Bank of India has permitted processing of e-mandate on credit and debit cards for recurring transactions (merchant payments). The maximum limit for such a transaction will be Rs 2,000.
- Ajay Kumar appointed as Defence Secretary
– Ajay Kumar has been appointed as Defence Secretary. Ajay Kumar is currently serving as Secretary in Department of Defence Production. He will replace Sanjay Mitra, upon completion of his term.
- Rajiv Gauba appointed as Cabinet Secretary
Home Secretary Rajiv Gauba appointed as a Cabinet secretary for two years. He will replace P.K. Sinha, who was appointed Cabinet Secretary in 2015.
- JNU Professor Meeta Narain was conferred the ‘Pushkin Medal 2019’
JNU Professor Meeta Narain was conferred the ‘Pushkin Medal – 2019’. This award is the highest honour given to an Indian scholar by the Russian government.