Current Affairs For 23rd APRIL 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
331. Who has been appointed as the new deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
Answer: M Rajeshwar Rao
Nilesh Shah has been elected as the Chairman of Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI).
Piyush Goyal has been assigned the additional charge of Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public
Distribution after the demise of Ram Vilas Paswan.
332. Former CBI Director ______________ passed away recently, he also served as governor of Nagaland
Answer: Ashwani Kumar
Union minister Ram Vilas Paswan passed away recently; he was president of which political party Lok
Justice KK Usha, passed away, she was first women chief justice of Kerala High Court.
333. The World Post Day is observed every year on which date?
Answer: 9th October
International Day of the Girl Child is observed globally every year on 11th October. The theme for 2020
International Day of the Girl Child is “My voice, our equal future”.
334. Who has won the men’s 2020 French Open Single?
Answer: Rafael Nadal
This is his 13th French Open men’s singles title and 20th Grand Slam title. The Spaniard defeated Novak
Djokovic. Women’s 2020 French Open Single Title has won by Iga Swiatek.
335. Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan has recently launched CSIR technologies for rural
development. This is a joint initiative of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Answer: Unnat Bharat Abhiyan, Indian Institute of Technology-Delhi and Vijnana Bharti (VIBHA).
336. The French Space Agency CNES announced that it will participate in ISRO’s Venus Mission which has
been named SHUKRAYAAN. The mission is going to be launched in which year?
337. Which Railway zone has launched the project, ‘Operation my Saheli’ to enhance the security of
women passengers in the train?
Answer: South Eastern Railways (SER)
338. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated ‘Atal Tunnel’ in Manali. It is “world’s longest
highway” tunnel (9.02 kilometres long) and is named Atal Tunnel, Rohtang. It connects Manali in
Himachal Pradesh to ___________________.
339. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated Vaishvik Bhartiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV) Summit 2020 to
celebrate Science and Innovation from India and the World. It is organized by_________?
Answer: Department of Science & Technology and DRDO
It is a month-long global virtual summit of overseas and resident Indian Researchers and Academicians.
The summit will conclude on 31st October 2020 (The birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel).
340. Which Indian ministry has released India’s first Pan India TIME USE SURVEY (TUS)?
Answer: Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
TUS measures the amount of time people spend doing various activities, such as paid work, childcare,
volunteering, and socializing.
The participation rate of men in paid employment is high compared to women.
Women’s participation in unpaid services is much more than men.
Men tend to participate more in socializing, communication, and religious practice than women.