Current Affairs 29th August 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Chief minister of Punjab launched “Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana”
–The chief minister of Punjab has launched a universal health insurance scheme “Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana “ benefiting nearly 46 lakh families. With this scheme, covering 76% of the state’s population.
- Wipro partners with IISc on robotics and 5G
-Wipro announced a strategic partnership with the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) to conduct advanced applied research in autonomous systems, robotics and 5G.
- SMVDU, NISE sign MoU to achieve national solar mission
-Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU), Jammu and National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to work jointly to achieve the objective of National Solar Mission through training programmes. The MoU, which will be valid till 5 years.
- Indian-American teen wins South Asian Spelling Bee competition 2019
-Navneeth Murali, an Indian-American teenager from New Jersey, has won the 2019 South Asian Spelling Bee contest. The prize money for this contest is USD 3,000.
- DRDO transfer design of Mobile Metallic Ramp to Indian Army
–Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) handed over the design of Mobile Metallic Ramp (MMR) to the Indian Army at a ceremony held at DRDO Bhawan, New Delhi.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- IIT-Delhi start-up wins NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Award 2019
–IIT-Delhi, Ankita Gulati was awarded the NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Award 2019 for developing a multisensory kit named TouchVision.
- 2nd Uday Express to run between Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada
–Indian Railway’s 2nd double-decker Uday (Utkrisht Double-Decker Air Conditioned Yatri) Express will run between Visakhapatnam and Vijayawada. The train would consist of 9 double-decker coaches and 2 power cars.