Current Affairs 2nd November 2019
Current Affairs 2nd November 2019 bring to you all the top news of the morning. These headlines are very important for all competitive exams, as it forms part of current affairs.
- Environment Pollution (Prevention and Control) Authority (EPCA) declares public health emergency in Delhi-NCR, schools shut till November 5, 2019.
- India and Germany sign 17 MoU’s and Five joint declarations of intent were also exchanged. The joint declarations of intent included cooperation on strategic projects, partnership for green urban mobility, research and development on artificial intelligence and cooperation in the field of prevention of marine litter
- Election commission has announced that elections in the state of Jharkhand will be held in 5 phases i.e. November 30, December 7, 12, 16 and 20. Currently the state is headed by Chief Minister Raghubar Das who belongs to BJP
- GST collections remain subdued at Rs. 95380 crores for month of October 2019
- Train derails near Hazrat Nizamuddin station in New Delhi.
- EPFO launched a facility for formal sector workers to obtain universal account number online without depending on employers
- Hyderabad airport begins trial of body scanners.
- China says it won’t tolerate Hong Kong’s “One Country, Two Systems”.
- India and Saudi Arabia will have the first bilateral naval exercise in 2020.
Banking / Business
- Google acquires smartwatch maker FITBIT for $2.1 billion. Fitbit is one of the biggest company in the smartwatch and fitness band market. Fitbit currently sells Inspire and Charge fitness bands and Versa smartwatches in India.
- Trai has ruled that incoming call ringer will be set at 30 seconds instead of currently 25 seconds right now.
- New Zealand skipper Williamson’s bowling action cleared by ICC.