Current Affairs 2nd August 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Raksha Mantri Inaugurates Ujh and Basantar Bridges in J&K
-Raksha Mantri inaugurated the 1 kilometre long Ujh bridge in Kathua district and 617.40 Metre long Basantar bridge in Samba district of J&K. 1 Km long Ujh bridge is the longest bridge constructed by Border Roads Organisation(BRO).
- Telangana govt, WEF Centre set to send medical supplies via drones
-Telangana Government and the World Economic Forum’s Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution Network yesterday announced that they are set to launch an innovative project to deliver emergency medical supplies such as blood and vaccines via drones.
- Ajay Bhadoo appointed as Joint Secretary to the President
–The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the appointment of Ajay Bhadoo as Joint Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Chandrayaan-2, India’s second moon mission launched
-Indian Space Research Organisation launched Chandrayaan 2 from Satish Dhawan Space Center at Sriharikota.
SUMMITS AND CONFERENCES
- Lucknow to host Def Expo 2020
-Lucknow will host the 11th biennial edition of Def Expo from February 5 to 8, 2020.
- Adam Peaty breaks 57 seconds barrier & 100m breaststroke world record
-The Britain swimmer Adam Peaty has break the world record in the men’s 100 metre breast stroke at the World Championships in Gwangju, South Korea.
- First Indian boxer to win gold at President’s Cup
-Shiva Thapa became India’s first gold-medallist at the President’s Cup boxing tournament after getting a walkover in the finals in Astana, Kazakhstan
- Indian bodybuilder Ravinder Malik clinches Mr South Asia title
-Indian bodybuilder Ravinder Kumar Malik has clinched Mr. South Asia title. He has crowned the overall champion at 12th South Asian Bodybuilding and Physique Sports Championship in Kathmandu.