Current Affairs 26th April 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Gagandeep Kang Becomes First Indian Female FRS.
-Professor Gagandeep Kang has become the first Indian female scientist to be elected as a Fellow of the Royal Society in the UK fellowship’s 358-year-history.
- Sri Lanka’s 1st Satellite ‘Raavana-1’ was launched into space from NASA’s Flight Facility on Virginia’s east shore. ‘Raavana 1’ weights around 1.05kg and the lifespan of thet satellite is around one and a half years.
- Deutsche Bank Appoints Kaushik Shaparia As CEO For India.
-Deutsche Bank appointed Kaushik Shaparia as the chief executive officer for India to succeed Ravneet Gill. Gill left the bank to head private lender YES Bank. Shaparia’s appointment will be effective from May 2019.
- Mali’s PM Soumelou Boubeye Maiga Resigns.
-Mali’s Prime Minister Soumeylou Boubeye Maiga has resigned along with his whole government, following a motion of no confidence over its failure to handle violence in the West African country.
- Indian Peacekeepers Awarded UN Medal of Honour.
-A total of 150 Indian peacekeeper serving with the UN Mission in South Sudan have received medals of honour for their dedicated service and sacrifice.
RANK AND REPORTS
- India Ranks 140th In World Press Freedom Index 2019, Norway Topped.
-India ranked 140th out of 180 countries in the World Press Freedom Index 219, released by Reporters Without Borders.The index is topped by Norway.
- Bajrang Regains Top Spot In World Wrestling Rankings.
-India’s Bajrang Punia has regained the world number one spot in the men’s 65-kilogram freestyle category rankings. The rankings were released by United World Wrestling.