Current Affairs 22nd July 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- “Operation Thirst” launched by RPF
-RPF launched “Operation Thirst” to crack down selling of unauthorised Packaged Drinking Water in the railway premises. During the operation, 1371 persons were arrested for selling of packaged drinking water of unauthorised brands.
- Ukraine inaugurates world’s largest Metal Dome
–Ukraine has inaugurated the world’s largest movable metal dome encasing the destroyed reactor at the infamous Chernobyl plant. It is a 108-meter high dome which weighs 36,000 tonnes.
- Prasar Bharati and IIT Kanpur signs MoU for research collaboration
–Prasar Bharati and IIT Kanpur signed an MoU for research collaboration in newly emerging technologies and broadcasting-related areas in New Delhi.
ECONOMY AND BUSINESS
- ICSI launches UDIN to improve corporate governance
–The Institute of Company Secretaries of India has rolled out an initiative a Unique Document Identification Number to pursue heightened sense of self-governance and strengthen the practising side of company secretaries.
- MN Rao appointed DG of Fire Services, Civil Defence and Home Guard
–The Central government appointed M Nageswar Rao, as the Director General of Fire Services, Civil Defence and Home Guard. Rao will replace former CBI Chief Alok Verma.
SUMMITS AND CONFERENCES
- 36th Meeting of the Central Apprenticeship Council (CAC)
–The Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship organised the 36th meeting of the Central Apprenticeship Council (CAC) in New Delhi.
- India-Myanmar: Exchange crucial information on drug trafficking
–4th Director General level talks between Narcotics Control Bureau (India) and Central Committee for Drug Abuse Control (Myanmar) was held in New Delhi.
- Gold medals for India in Commonwealth Championships
–Rakhi Halder and Davinder Kaur has won a gold medal each in the senior women’s section of weightlifting in the Commonwealth Championships.
- Taylor Swift Topped 100 highest-paid Forbes Celebrity list
–Singer Taylor Swift has topped the Forbes’ Celebrity 100 list and emerged as the highest-paid celebrity with her 2019 estimated earnings of over USD 185 million.
- Brazilian bossa nova pioneer Joao Gilberto passes away
–The legendary Brazilian musician and songwriter Joao Gilberto passed away. He was the pioneer of the lilting, melodious and famous music known as Bossa Nova.
- Sheila Dikshit, former Delhi Chief Minister, passes away
–Senior Congress leader and three-time Delhi chief minister Sheila Dikshit passed away on Saturday at a private hospital in the city after suffering a cardiac arrest. She was 81.