Current Affairs 10th August 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Dharmendra Pradhan launches Atal Community Innovation Centre
–Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas & Steel has launched Atal Community Innovation Centre (ACIC) in New Delhi, to encourage the spirit of innovation at the community level.
- Cabinet approves ISRO Technical Liaison Unit at Moscow
–Cabinet has approved the setting up of ISRO Technical Liaison Unit(ITLU) at Moscow in Russia.
BANKING AND BUSINESS
- India Post Payments Bank to be converted into SFB
–The postal department has decided to convert the India Post Payments Bank into a small finance bank.
- IFSG appoints Justice A.K. Sikri as ombudsman
–i. The Indian Federation of Sports Gaming (IFSG), country’s self-regulatory industry body for the online fantasy sports gaming sector, announced the appointment of Justice Arjan Kumar Sikri as its ombudsman and ethics officer.
- Former Cricketer Kapil Dev honoured with Bharat Gaurav Award
–East Bengal club will officially start the centenary celebrations on its foundation day with a glittering ceremony at the Netaji Indoor Stadium.
- DD News channel bagged Champions of Empathy Award
-DD News is awarded with “Champions of Empathy Award” for spreading awareness about hepatitis.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- IIT Hyderabad develops, eco-friendly solar cells using ‘kumkum dye’
-Scientists at IIT Hyderabad have developed low-cost, environment-friendly solar cells by employing an off-the-shelf dye used to make kumkum or vermilion.
- Ellyse Perry becomes first cricketer to reach 1000 runs, 100 wickets in T20Is
-Australia all-rounder Ellyse Perry became the first cricketer of either gender to reach the rare milestone of scoring 1000 runs and taking 100 wickets in the T20 format.