Current Affairs 9th July 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Govt hikes MSP of Kharif crops for 2019-20 season
-The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved the increase in the Minimum Support Prices for all Kharif crops for 2019-20 Season.
- IMF approves $6 billion loan for cash-strapped Pakistan
–The IMF has approved a USD 6 billion loan over a period of 3 years for cash strapped Pakistan. ii. The USD 6 billion financial aid includes an immediate disbursement of USD 1 billion to help Pakistan address its balance of payment crisis.
- ICICI & IndoStar Capital partner to finance commercial vehicles
-ICICI Bank has tied up with NBFC IndoStar Capital for vehicle financing for small and medium fleet owners to buy new as well as old commercial vehicles.
- RBI sets up panel to review CICs
–The Reserve Bank of India has set up a working group to review the regulatory and supervisory framework for core investment companies (CIC).
RANKS AND REPORTS
- Maharashtra ranks first in NITI Aayog’s AMFFR Index
-Maharashtra achieves first rank in NITI Aayog launched “Agricultural Marketing and Farmer Friendly Reforms Index (AMFFRI)”.
- IPS officer Aparna Kumar completes Seven Summit challenge
-Aparna Kumar becomes first IPS officer to complete Seven Summit challenge by scaling Mt Denali.
- Hima bags gold in Poznan Athletics Grand Prix
-Hima Das, the under-20 World champion has won the gold medal inwomen’s 200m in the Poznan Athletics Grand Prix.
- US auto industry legend Lee Iacocca passes away
–Automobile industry legend from USA Lee Iacocca passed away.
- Veteran industrialist BK Birla passes away
-Birla Group patriarch and an ace of the Indian industry Basant Kumar Birla passed away in Mumbai.