Current Affairs 5th November 2017
- President of Armenia, Serzh Sargsyan arrived in New Delhi on a three-day visit to India
- The Indian Air Force, along with the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully tested an indigenously developed lightweight ‘Glide’ bomb in Chandipur in Odisha
- The Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has built the world’s highest motorable road at a height of over 19,300 feet.
- The Supreme Court has ruled that technical education cannot be provided through correspondence courses.
- The Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan was on an official visit to Bangkok, Thailand to participate in the IEF 7th Asian Ministerial Energy Roundtable (AMER7)
- Fake news, a term popularised by U.S. President Donald Trump, has been named the word of the year
BANKING & ECONOMY
- AU Small Finance Bank has received Reserved Bank of India (RBI) approval to operate as Scheduled Commercial Bank. This bank’s name has now been included in the Second Schedule of Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934.
- ONGC has received the Information Memorandum from the Department of Investment and Public Asset Management for acquiring the majority stake in fellow public sector undertaking HPCL.
- Private sector lender Yes Bank signed an agreement with the government to provide Rs 1,000 crore financing for food processing projects.
- The Income Tax Department has clarified that the cash sales of agricultural produce by a cultivator to a trader for less than 2 lakh rupees will not attract tax under the Income Tax Act.
- The US Senate has confirmed by a voice vote the nomination of Kenneth Juster as the next US Ambassador to India
AWARDS & HONOURS
- Renowned Hindi litterateur Krishna Sobti has been chosen for 53rd Jnanpith Award for the year 2017
(Visited 121 time, 1 visit today)