Current Affairs 29th May 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
1. WTO Ministerial Meeting Inaugrated In New Delhi.
-The World Trade Organisation, WTO ministerial meeting of developing countries began in New Delhi. The meeting will provide an opportunity for the Ministers to discuss various issues and the way forward.
2. India-Uk Sign Agreement To Boost Indo-Pacific Cooperation.
-India and the United Kingdom agreed to increase their collaboration in the fields of Indo-Pacific cooperation, climate change, disaster resilience, development in third world countries amongst other areas.
3. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport Ranked Among Top 10 In World-Air Help.
-Global air passengers right expert Airhelp came out with the list of world’s best airports and Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi International airport was ranked the world’s eighth best airport.
1. UN To Hold 2020 Ocean General Assembly decided to hold its 5-day long 2020 high-level conference early June in Portugai’s Lisbon to Support the Implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 14: Conserve and sustainable use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development in Lisbon.
2. 400 KMPH: Japan Tests World’s Fastest Bullet Train.
-Japan has started testing its fastest-ever bullet train capable of reaching 400 Km per hour as it continues to develop the revolutionary mode of travel. The ALFA-X version of the Shinkansen train began three years worth of test runs.
1. Ajoy Mehta Appointed As Maharashtra Chief Secretary.
-Mumbai municipal commissioner Ajoy Mehta has been appointed as Maharashtra’s new chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis.
2. Professor Tijjani Bande Announced As President, UN General Assembly.
-Professor Tijjani Mohammad Bande has been appointed as the new President of the United Nations General Assembly.
3. Subhash Chand Appointed Next Ambassador of India To State of Eritrea.
-Subhash Chand, presently Deputy High Commissioner in the High Commission of India, Abuja has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the State of Eritrea.
1. IPS Officer Chhaya Sharma Receives McCain Institute Award.
-IPS officer Chhaya Sharma, who led the investigation team of the infamous Nirbhaya gang-rape and murder case, has been awarded the 2019 McCain Institute Award for Courage and Leadership.