Current Affairs 21st March 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Justice P.C. Ghose Named India’s First Lokpal.
–Former Supreme Court judge Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose was recommended to be the first Lokpal or anti-corruption ombudsman of India. Justice Ghose, 67, is a member of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) since June 2017.
- ‘i-help’ Initiative Launched In Assam.
–The ‘i-help’ initiative to promote digital electoral literacy in Assam has been launched in view of the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls.
- Ola Signs MoU With Telangana To Implement Smart Traffic Solutions.
-Ola has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Government of Telangana to support the latter’s efforts in strengthening traffic infrastructure in the city.
- IBBI, SEBI Sign MoU For Better Implementation of IBC.
–The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
- Africa-India Field Training Exercise AFINDEX-19 Begins.
–The inaugural Africa-India Field Training Exercise-2019 for India and African nations called AFINDEX-19 started with a grand opening ceremony at Aundh Military Station, Pune.
- Pramod Sawant Sworn In As Goa Chief Minister.
-Pramod Sawant (45), former Speaker of Goa legislative Assembly and MLA from Sankhelim in North Goa was sworn-in as 11th Chief Minister of Goa, succeeding Manohar Parrikar, who died after a prolonged battle with advanced pancreatic cancer.
- Hyundai, Kia Signed Agreement To Invest $300 million in Ola.
-Hyundai Motor Group (the Group) and Ola announced a strategic partnership under which Hyundai Motor Company and Kia Motors Corporation will invest a total of $ 300 million in Ola, making it their biggest combined investment to date.
- Asian Youth Championship 2019 Concludes: India Finishes 2nd, China Tops.
–In Asian Youth Athletics Championships in Hong Kong, boys medley relay team won a gold medal for India on the final day to help Indian youth team finish second in the overall medals tally with a total of 26 medals including 8 gold, 9 silver and 9 bronze medals.
- Bengaluru FC Crowned ISL Champions For 1st Time.
-Bengaluru FC clinched their maiden Indian Super League title as Rahul Bheke found a championship-winning header in the dying minutes of the final against FC Goa, in Mumbai.
- Veteran Journalist Darryl D’Monte Passes Away.
-Senior journalist and environmental activist Darryl D’Monte passed away in Mumbai after a brief illness at the age of 74 years.