Current Affairs 8th May 2017
- India successfully launched the South Asia Communication Satellite ‘GSAT-9’. The GSLV-F09 mission is the 11th flight of the GSLV
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj inaugurated the eighth conference of head of missions.
- Minister of Women & Child Development, Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launched the facility of online registration of Child Care Institutions across the country
- Union Textile Minister, Smriti Jubin Irani launched a helpline number 1800-2084-800 for handicrafts craftsmen.
- Ashoka University has named Pratap Bhanu Mehta as its Vice Chancellor (VC)
- China’s first large homemade passenger jet made its maiden flight, heralding the Communist giant’s entry into the highly-competitive global aviation sector.
- University students from India, the UK and the US will collaborate on a new first-of-its-kind research and development project aimed at discovering potential drugs for patients living with neglected diseases like kala-azar
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY NEWS:
- Online classifieds company Quikr announced the acquisition of Zimmber, an on-demand household services provider, to further scale its hyperlocal household services business
- Telecom Company Aircel has tied up with the TV channel company NDTV to provide news in regional languages for its customers. Under this, Aircel has introduced an IVR and SMS led service– ‘Hyperlocal News- My city My news’
- The Badminton Association of India (BAI) has recommended doubles specialists N Sikki Reddy and B Sumeeth Reddy for this year’s Arjuna awards
(Visited 444 time, 1 visit today)