Current Affairs 25th June 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- NDMA conducts training programme for CBRN emergencies
-NDMA is conducting a basic training programme at the Deendayal Port Trust in Kandla, Gujarat, aimed at increasing the awareness and enhancing the preparedness of Seaport Emergency Handlers (SEHs) to respond to CBRN (Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear) threats which emanate at seaports due to arrival, storage and transportation of a large amount of chemical, petrochemical and other CBRN agents.
- Sharad Kumar named interim CVC Vigilance Commissioner
-Sharad Kumar has been named as acting Central Vigilance Commissioner as current (CVC) K V Chowdary completed his tenure at the anti-graft body.
- BJP MP Virendra Kumar to be pro-tem speaker of Lok Sabha
-Virendra Kumar, a seven-term member of Parliament will be the pro-tem speaker of the Lok Sabha. As pro-tem speaker, he will preside over the first sitting of the Lok Sabha and administer the oath of office to the newly elected MPs.
- Decisions taken in the first cabinet meeting of Andhra Pradesh Government
–Decisions are taken in the first cabinet meeting of Andhra Pradesh:
Education sector: All women who send their children to school will receive Rs 15,000 from the state government from 26 January next year.
- Formation of a commission for the development and welfare of farmers, with the chief minister as its chairman.
- All farmers, including peasants, will be given Rs 12,500 a year as input subsidy before the sowing season
- Interest-free crop loans will be provided to farmers, termed as ‘YSR interest-free loans’, the government itself will pay the interest directly to the concerned banks.
- Housing Sector: Construction of 2.5 million houses will begin under the ‘YSR Housing’ scheme under which state will allot housing sites to all eligible people and register the sites in the name of women.
- India Invited To G-7 Outreach Session
-India has received an invitation from France to attend the outreach Session at the G-7 Summit to be held in France in August 2019. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has accepted an invitation from French President to attend the outreach session of the G7 Summit in Biarritz as a special invitee.
- ICAT Releases India’s 1st BS – VI Certificate in Two Wheeler Segment
–International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) released India’s first Type Approval Certificate (TAC) for Bharat Stage – VI (BS – VI) norms that are the latest emission norms as notified by the Government of India for the two-wheeler segment. The certificate was released and handed over by Director ICAT, Dinesh Tyagi to top officials of the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers).
- AFD a French development agency to finance upto 7,00,000 EURO to IRSDC
-Indian Railway Station Development Corporation (IRSDC) entered a Tripartite Agreement with French Railways (SNCF) & AFD, a French Agency which will finance up to 7,00,000 EURO, through French National Railways (SNCF)-Hubs and Connexions as a Technical Partner to IRSDC to support the Railway Station Development Program in India, so there will be no financial liability on IRSDC or Indian Railways.
BUSINESS AND BANKING
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail (ABFRL) acquires Jaypore
–Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd (ABFRL), which retails brands such as Louis Philippe, Peter England and Van Heusen, has acquired ethnic apparel and lifestyle retailer ‘Jaypore E-Commerce Pvt. Ltd‘ which sells ethnic fashion merchandise under its own brand ‘Jaypore’ for Rs 110 crore.
- I V Subba Rao to continue as secretary to vice president
–The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the continuation of I V Subba Rao as a secretary to Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu.