Current Affairs 14th August 2017
- Union Minister of State for HRD Mahendra Nath Pandey has launched an Indian National Anthem video in sign language, featuring differently-abled and partially differently-abled children.
- Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot has inaugurated Inclusive Independence Day celebrations
- Gujarat Government to Give ‘Namo’ Tablets
- Jharkhand Assembly has passed Religious Freedom Bill 2017
- State-owned Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has brought the country’s first shale oil from the US
- Aishwarya becomes the first woman to raise Indian flag at IFFM 2017
BANKING & ECONOMY
- According to the Economic Survey, India has now emerged as one of the most open economies in the world for receiving foreign direct investments (FDI)
- With the $2.4 billion it just received from Japanese technology and telecom giant SoftBank, Flipkart has become the third most funded private company globally.
- Hike Messenger has acquired Bengaluru-based tech start-up Creo for an undisclosed amount
- Finance Ministry issues norms for Central offices to retrofit energy efficient appliances
- Retired IAS officer I V Subba Rao has appointed the secretary to Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu.
- David Rasquinha, who is currently Deputy Managing Director of Exim Bank of India, has been appointed as Managing Director of the bank.
- The Hugo Award for Best Novel 2017 was given to Nora K. Jemisin, an American speculative fiction writer for her work ‘The Obelisk Gate’.
- Maheshwari bags memorable bronze at Asian Shotgun Championship