Current Affairs 13th July 2019
Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams. Sehpaathi Current Affairs will guide you with daily top headlines so that you can excel further.
- Longest electrified railway tunnel in India commissioned
–The South Central Railway has commissioned the longest electrified tunnel of India.
- Army Chief releases Kargil Tribute Song
-Army Chief General Bipin Rawat has released a Kargil Tribute Songto honour, salute and pay homage to the Kargil martyrs and war veterans.
RANKS AND REPORTS
- India ranked 86th in the Henley Passport Index 2019
–The Henley Passport Index 2019 have ranked the Indian passport on the 86th position with a mobility score of 58.
- CCMB and CDFD sign MoU to improve genetic disease diagnostics
–An MoU has been signed between CSIR-Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB) and Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD).
- Reliance Jio ties up with Facebook for ‘Digital Udaan’
-Reliance Jio ties up with Facebook for digital literacy initiative ‘Digital Udaan’.
- Hong Kong govt grants over $9 million for cyclone-hit Odisha
–The Hong Kong government has approved over $9 million for relief and rehabilitation work in cyclone-hit Odisha.
- International Day of Cooperatives: 6 July
-The United Nations observes first Saturday of July every year as International Day of Cooperatives.
- Iraq’s Babylon listed as World Heritage Site by UNESCO
-UNESCO’s World Heritage Committee has listed Iraq’s Babylon as a World Heritage Site.