Current Affairs For 5th APRIL 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
137. The Union Governemnt has rolled out ‘Quarterly Return filing & Monthly Payment of Taxes
(QRMP)’ scheme for _________________ under GST system.
Answer: Small Taxpayers
Taxpayers with Rs 5 crore annual turnover in the preceding financial year are eligible.
138. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for the proposal of Department of Telecom for setting up
of Public Wi-Fi Networks by Public Data Office Aggregators (PDOAs) to accelerate proliferation of
Broadband Internet services through Public Wi-Fi network. This scheme will be known
Answer: PM-WANI (Wifi Access Network Interface)
139. The Union Cabinet has approved Rs. 6,700 crore Revised Cost Estimate (RCE) of North Eastern
Region Power System Improvement Project (NERPSIP). NERPSIP is being implemented
through ________________ in association with 6 beneficiary North Eastern States of Assam, Manipur,
Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura.
140. PM Narendra Modi has launched Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY)
SEHAT scheme for the residents of ________________________.
Answer: Jammu and Kashmir
141. PwC India has partnered with _______________ and YuWaah (Generation Unlimited in India) to upskill
300 million young Indians over the next 10 years.
The collaboration is part of PwC’s global multi-sector partnership with UNICEF and YuWaah that will provide
1.8 billion youngsters with socio-economic opportunities from school to work by 2030.
142. Asian Development Bank (ADB) in its latest ‘Asian Development Outlook’ report has
estimated India’s economy to contract by 8% in 2020. South Asian region’s GDP is expected to contract
by _________ in 2020, with growth recovery of 7.2% in 2021.
Answer: 6.1% (contraction)
143. Minister of State for Skill Development, Raj Kumar Singh has inaugurated 1st Centre of Excellence
(CoE) for ‘skill development in the power sector’ in National Institute of Solar Energy, at ________________.
CoE has been set up by Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, in collaboration with Ministry of
National Education and Youth, France and Schneider Electric.
144. Directorate General of Training (DGT) under Skill Development Ministry has partnered
with Microsoft and ________________ to provide a digital content for ITI students.
Answer: NASSCOM Foundation
This will benefit 1,20,000 students in around 3000 ITIs across India via Bharatskills portal.
145. According to Centre for Economics and Business Research (UK based think-tank), Indian economy
will overtake UK becoming the 5th largest economy in 2025 and will reach 3rd spot by__________.
146. Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Mahendra Nath Pandey has
inaugurated 1st batch of Indian Institute of Skills in Mumbai. It is a joint initiative of Ministry of Skill
Development & Entrepreneurship and ______________________.
Answer: Tata Indian Institute of Skills
147. Minister of Earth Sciences Harsh Vardhan has inaugurated web-based application ‘Digital
Ocean do.incois.gov.in. It has been developed by __________________ under Ministry of Earth sciences. It is
a first-of-its-kind digital platform for Ocean Data Management that will expand our ‘Blue Economy’ initiatives.
Answer: INCOIS (Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services)