Current affairs coverage plays a crucial role in keeping individuals informed and engaged with the world around them. We cover a wide range of news, including national, international, economic, sports, and many more to keep you informed.
Q1.Who achieved a notable victory over Magnus Carlsen, as mentioned in the statement?
- Vishwanathan Anand
- Karthikeyan Murali
- Hikaru Nakamura
- Levon Aronian
Ans:- 2)Karthikeyan Murali
- In a momentous turn of events at the ongoing Qatar Masters, 24-year-old Indian chess grandmaster Karthikeyan Murali achieved a stunning feat by securing a victory over the world’s top-ranked player, Magnus Carlsen.
- Karthikeyan Murali’s triumph at the Qatar Masters stands as a significant milestone in the realm of chess, spotlighting the extraordinary talent and potential of Indian chess players at the global level.
- This monumental win not only etches Karthikeyan’s name in the annals of chess history but also places him in the esteemed company of other leading players, boasting an impressive score of 5.5 out of 7. Among this exclusive club of chess maestros are players like SL Narayan, Javokhir Sindarov, David Paravyan, Arjun Erigaisi, and Nodirbek Yakubboev.
Q2. Which country recently became the first nation to successfully launch an Electromagnetic Railgun from an offshore vessel?
- United States
Ans:- 4) Japan
- On October 17, the Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) achieved a significant milestone in collaboration with the Acquisition Technology & Logistics Agency (ATLA), a branch of the Japanese Ministry of Defense. They successfully conducted a test-firing of a medium-caliber maritime electromagnetic railgun from an offshore platform.
- This accomplishment stands as a pioneering achievement, as it is the first instance globally where a railgun has been launched from an offshore platform. While railguns are typically installed on ships, Japan’s ambition is to deploy this technology both at sea and on land, representing a groundbreaking leap forward in this field.
- A railgun is an advanced electromagnetic weapon designed to propel projectiles at exceptionally high velocities. This technology possesses the capability to target various objects, including ships, missiles, and aircraft. Japan’s primary objective in its railgun program is to integrate this technology with long-range missiles, thereby enhancing its proficiency in intercepting aerial targets.
Q3. What is the name of the third guided missile destroyer recently inducted into the Indian Navy?
Ans:- 3) Imphal
- On October 20, 2023, a significant milestone was achieved for the Indian Navy as the cutting-edge stealth guided missile destroyer, Yard 12706 (Imphal), was formally handed over to the Indian Navy.
- Imphal represents the third vessel of Project 15B, constructed at the esteemed Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL). This project follows the success of the Kolkata class (Project 15A) destroyers, which were commissioned in the previous decade.
- Boasting a displacement of 7,400 tons and an overall length of 164 meters, this guided missile destroyer is equipped with advanced weaponry and state-of-the-art sensors, including surface-to-air missiles and torpedoes.
- Imphal, a product of the ingenuity of the Indian Navy’s Warship Design Bureau (WDB) and the skilled craftsmanship of Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders, serves as a testament to India’s proficiency in domestic shipbuilding.
Q4. What is the event mentioned in the statement about the multilateral naval exercise?
- MILAN – 23
- MILAN – 24
- MILAN – 25
- MILAN – 26
Ans:- 2) MILAN_24
- The Indian Navy is gearing up to host MILAN 24, a highly significant multilateral naval exercise, scheduled to take place in Visakhapatnam from February 19th to 27th, 2024. This event upholds a longstanding tradition of organizing the MILAN exercise, reaffirming India’s dedication to promoting international maritime cooperation.
- MILAN 24 will encompass both a harbour phase and a sea phase. Notably, this exercise will coincide with India’s G20 Presidency, embodying the G20 theme of ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’, signifying the world as one family. MILAN 24 is poised to witness the largest-ever participation to date, with invitations extended to over 50 countries.
- Introduced by the Indian Navy in 1995, MILAN is a biennial multilateral naval exercise. Initially aligned with India’s ‘Look East Policy’, it subsequently expanded its horizon in sync with India’s evolving international engagement, encompassing the ‘Act East policy’ and Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Security And Growth for All in the Region (SAGAR)’ initiative. This transformation led to the inclusion of participation from Friendly Foreign Countries (FFCs).
Q5. What is the purpose of the pilot run initiated by RBI for testing E-Rupee?
- Cross-Border Transactions
- Inter-Bank Borrowing
- Retail Transactions
- Digital Wallet Integration
Ans:- 2) Inter-Bank Borrowing
- The Reserve Bank of India has taken a momentous stride in the digital transformation of the nation’s financial landscape by commencing a pilot run to assess the E-Rupee, a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC), specifically for inter-bank borrowing.
- The E-Rupee pilot project stands as an ambitious endeavor poised to leverage the potential of blockchain technology and digital currency, with the aim of revolutionizing the process of inter-bank transactions within India.
- A crucial facet of this pilot project is the examination of user behavior. The insights gleaned from this phase will play a pivotal role in shaping design choices and influencing decisions regarding the policy framework.
- A major objective of the retail CBDC pilot is to achieve a daily transaction volume of 10 lakh (1 million) transactions by December 2023. The RBI is actively working towards establishing the groundwork to meet this target, with a strong emphasis on interoperability among various stakeholders. The initial transaction rate of 18,000-20,000 transactions per day is anticipated to see a substantial increase in the forthcoming months.