Current Affairs For 4th APRIL 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
125. Which country has virtually hosted 20th Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Council of Ministers
(COM) Meeting with the theme of ‘Promoting a Shared Destiny and Path to Prosperity in the Indian
Answer: United Arab Emirates (UAE)
126. Which global agency has signed an MoU with Kerala state government to establish India’s first
‘Gender Data Hub’ at the Gender Park at Kozhikode campus, where International Institute for Gender
and Development is also located?
Answer: UN Women
127. Indian Navy and Vietnamese Navy has recently undertaken naval passage exercise ‘PASSEX
2020’ in __________________.
Answer: South China Sea
128. Which Indian personality has been recently nominated as the board member of Global Alliance for
Vaccines and Immunization (GAVI)?
Answer: Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Harsh Vardhan
129. IIT-Bombay researchers have rolled out urban quality of life index to show the reality of life in Indian
cities. Mumbai has bagged the 1st place in index. Which city stood last?
130. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has inaugurated the 63rd Founding Day Celebrations of the
Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI). On this occasion, which report was released by her that
analyses organized smuggling trends on Gold and Foreign Currency, Narcotic Drugs, Security,
Environment and Commercial Frauds?
Answer: Smuggling in India Report 2019-20
131. World Health Organization (WHO) has released World Malaria Report (WMR) 2020 giving estimated
cases for malaria across the world. As per the report, India is the only high endemic nation which has
reported decline of malaria cases by ____________ in 2019 as compared to 2018.
South-East Asia made strong progress with case and death reductions of 73% and 74%, respectively. India
showed largest drop in cases from 20 to 6 million. Globally, cases declined in 238 million (2000) to 229 million
132. What was India’s rank in global Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI), 2020?
No top 3 positions were filled due to non-fulfillment of criteria.
Sweden bagged 4th place, followed by UK(5th), Denmark (6th), Morocco (7th). China bagged 33rd rank and
USA, appears at the bottom.
CCPI is developed by Germanwatch and NewClimate Institute (Germany) together with the Climate Action
Network (CAN International).
133. Health minister Harsh Vardhan has released 5th National Family Health Survey (NFHS) comprising
of detailed information on population, health, and nutrition for India. Phase 1 results show the status
Answer: 17 States and 5 UTs
Phase II will cover the remaining 12 States and 2 UTs and is expected to come by May 2021.
134. India has been ranked 131 among 189 countries on the Human Development Index (HDI) in Human
Development Report 2020, released by United Nations Development Program (UNDP). Which country
Answer: Norway topped HDI, followed by Ireland, Switzerland, Hong Kong, and Iceland.
HDI measures average achievement on 3 basic aspects: life expectancy, education, and per capita income.
135. India was ranked at ____________ place in the ‘Human Freedom Index 2020: A Global Measurement
of Personal, Civil, and Economic Freedom’.
It is the sixth Annual Report released by Cato Institute of United States & Fraser Institute in Canada. New
Zealand topped the index followed by Switzerland.
136. The World Bank has come out with a corrected Doing Business ranking following a review on data
irregularities. As per the ‘Doing Business’ 2020 report, India had jumped 14 places to the ___________