Current Affairs For 3rd APRIL 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
114. India and the United States recently signed the Memorandum of Understanding on
Answer: Intellectual Property Cooperation
The agreement was signed between the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and
United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
115. The National Academy of Sciences has recently found that the microwave radiation is the major
cause of the mysterious neurological illness called _______________ which started to infect the American
diplomats and intelligence officials located in China, Cuba and other countries for more than four years
Answer: Havana Syndrome
116. Which country has become 2nd nation in the world to unfurl its national flag on moon’s surface,
prior to which only US has unfurled its flag on the Moon during Apollo mission in 1969?
117. World’s highest mountain peak ‘Mount Everest’ has become taller by _______________, as per a survey
conducted jointly by Nepal and China.
Answer: 86 cm
118. World Economic Forum (WEF) has decided to host its 2021 annual meeting in ____________ due to
COVID-19 from 13-16 May 2021, which was earlier scheduled to take place in Lucerne-Burgenstock,
119. Who have been jointly named as Time Magazine’s 2020 Person of the Year?
Answer: US President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris
Korean pop group BTS has been named as Entertainer of the Year and basketball star LeBron James as Athlete
of the Year.
120. Asian Development Bank (ADB) has launched Asia Pacific Vaccine Access Facility (APVAX) for its
developing member countries to offer rapid and equitable financial support for vaccines procurement.
What is the total cost allocated for APVAX?
Answer: $ 9 Billion
121. Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has signed an MoU with Federal Ministry of
Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology of Austria on _______________.
Answer: Technology Cooperation in Road Infrastructure Sector
MoU will create bilateral cooperation in the field of Road Transportation, Road/Highways infrastructure
development, management and administration, Road safety and Intelligent Transport Systems.
122. Indian PM Narendra Modi and Uzbekistan President Shavkat Mirziyoyev have jointly co-
chaired India-Uzbekistan virtual Summit to strengthen strategic partnership. India approved US $448
million Line of Credit. How many MoUs India has signed with Uzbekistan during the summit?
Answer: 9 MoU
MoUs were signed in the field of Solar Energy, Digital Technologies, Trade, Economic and Investment
123. How many MoUs India and Bangladesh have signed during bilateral summit held recently..
Answer: 7 MoUs
MoUs were signed on Hydrocarbon Sector, Agriculture, and some other sector.
124. Which country’s tradition of communal dining at hawker centers has been recognized
by UNESCO for its cultural significance?
The UNESCO added the city-state’s “hawker culture” to its Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage