Current Affairs For 2nd APRIL 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
102. Asian Development Bank (ADB) has signed ________________ loan agreement with Indian Authority
to upgrade rural power distribution networks in Uttar Pradesh, providing reliable electricity supply to
Answer: USD 300 million
103. Which state government has decided to frame an integrated Drug Prevention Policy that comprises
of Drug Prevention, Treatment, Management and Rehabilitation Programme?
Answer: Himachal Pradesh
104. Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh has launched which Mobile application and web portal to
improve the delivery of citizen-centric services, based upon the feedback of its citizens on government
Answer: PR Insight
105. India’s first Lithium refinery to process Lithium ore to produce battery-grade material will be set up
in which state?
106. Which state government has unveiled an e-governance portal named ‘Farmer Registration and
Unified beneficiary Information System (FRUITS)’, for the benefit of the farmers of the state?
107. Union Minister Harsh Vardhan has inaugurated first dedicated meteorological center in which
Ladakh’s Meteorological Centre. Indian Meteorological Department will have four Automatic Weather Stations
(AWS) operating in Leh, Kargil, Drass and Stakna.
108. Which state assembly has passed a bill to abolish all state-run Madrasas by converting them to
109. Bihar CM Secretariat, Disaster Management Dept, and Bihar National Informatics Centre (NIC) have
jointly conferred as winners under which category of Digital India Awards 2020?
Answer: Pandemic Category
Bihar has bagged the award for its departments initiative to transfer financial assistance directly to the
accounts of beneficiaries during the COVID-19 pandemic.
110. Which country has imposed ‘millionaire tax’ on about 12,000 of the country’s richest people to fund
its coronavirus countermeasures?
111. Which country has become the first nation to approve ‘Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine’ for
American pharmaceutical giant Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech concluded phase 3 of Covid-19 vaccine
meeting all primary efficacy endpoints.
112. Facebook-backed cryptocurrency Libra has been rebranded and renamed as “___________” to gain
regulatory approval by emphasising that the project has “organisational independence”.
Answer: Diem. Diem is a Latin term meaning “day”.
113. Which country has recently announced to establish Friendship association with India? This will the
first of such initiative in West Asia.