Current Affairs For 17th APRIL 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
269. Name the renowned Sculptor and Padma shri awardee from Rajasthan who passed away recently
Answer: Arjun Prajapati. He was popularly known as the “Maharathi of Cloning”.
270. Mridula Sinha, first Woman Governor of Goa, has passed away at the age of 77 at a hospital. She
was born in ______________________.
Answer: Chhapra, Bihar
Mridula Sinha was a proficient Hindi writer who contributed to the field of literature and culture.
271. Tarun Gogoi, former Chief Minister of _______________ passed away due to post covid-19
272. Who has been crowned as the winner of the first-ever ‘ITTF Women’s World Cup’ title?
Answer: Chen Meng, China
Chen Meng is the world’s No.1 women tennis player at present. She defeated her Chinese compatriot Sun
Yingsha by 11-13 11-6 11-9 11-6 11-8 to win the title.
273. MCX (Multi-Commodity Exchange of India) has recently launched India’s first real-time Base Metals
Index- ‘MCX METLDEX’ in the commodity derivatives segment. METLDEX is based on how many base
Answer: Five base metals – Zinc, Copper, Nickel, Lead, and Aluminium.
274. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Jodhpur and National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) have
signed an MoU to share expertise for the _______________________________.
Answer: Betterment of Highway Infrastructure
275. NITI Aayog and Quality Council of India (QCI) launched the ‘National Program and Project
Management Policy Framework (NPMPF)’ to transform ____________________________.
Answer: Infrastructure Sector In India
276. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Science & Technology has launched a scheme titled ‘SERB-
POWER’ is designed exclusively for women scientists. What does ‘P’ stand for in POWER?
Answer: SERB-POWER = Science and Engineering Research Board – Promoting Opportunities for Women
in Exploratory Research
The scheme has been initiated by SERB, a Statutory body of the Department of Science and Technology (DST),
Government of India.
277. Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) became the first Union Territory in India to operationalize Public
Financial Management System (PFMS) at the ______________________________.
Answer: District Level
278. 24th edition of MALABAR Exercise, 2020, saw the participation of which new country, thus making
24th edition of MALABAR the 1st “quadrilateral” naval exercise?
Rest three participants are: India, Japan, USA.
279. As per the Ministry of Tourism annual publication titled ‘India Tourism Statistics at a Glance – 2020’,
which state has topped the ‘Domestic Tourist Visits List 2019’?
Answer: Uttar Pradesh