Current Affairs For 18th APRIL 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
280. The Labour and Employment Ministry has revised the base year of the Consumer Price Index for
Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) from 2001 to ______________.
It gives more weightage to spending on health, education, recreation, and other miscellaneous expenses, while
reducing the weightage given to food and beverages.
281. NITI Aayog has constituted a 14-member advisory committee headed by _____________________ to
evaluate the reforms in the urban planning education system.
Answer: Rajiv Kumar
282. The Reserve Bank of India has issued the revised regulatory framework for Housing Finance
Companies (HFCs) under which the minimum Net Owned Funds (NOF) size for HFCs is fixed
Answer: Rs 25 crore
283. Which Bank has become the 1st bank in India to go live as a Financial Information Provider (FIP)
under the new Account Aggregator (AA) Framework of the Reserve Bank of India?
Answer: IndusInd Bank
284. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released final guidelines for Housing Finance Companies (HFC)
stating that these home financiers should have at least _____________ of their net assets deployed in the
business of providing finance for housing by March 31, 2024.
285. Which organization has topped the list of Indian Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) featured in the
4th annual “World’s Best Employer 2020” list published by Forbes?
Answer: NTPC Limited
286. Which entity has won the 2020 United Nations (UN) ‘Global Climate Action Awards’ under ‘Financing
for Climate Friendly Investment’ for its efforts to combat climate change amid COVID-19 pandemic?
Answer: Global Himalayan Expedition (GHE) of India
287. Global Finance, a New York based trade publication, has recently released the list of World’s 50
Safest Banks 2020. It has named ______________ as the Safest Bank in Asia for the 12th consecutive year.
Answer: DBS Bank of Singapore
Global Finance has named State Bank of India (SBI) as the Safest Bank in India.
288. Who has been appointed as the ‘National Brand Ambassador’ of Parle Agro?
Answer: Priyanka Chopra
289. Indian origin ‘Wavel Ramkalawan’ has recently been elected as the President of which island
290. World Polio Day is annually observed across the globe on which date?
Answer: 24th October
The theme of 2020 World Polio Day is “A win against polio is a win for global health”.
291. According to Intellectual Property India’s Annual Report for 2018-19, which University has emerged
as the Leading Stand-Alone University in India for filing 336 Patents?
Answer: Chandigarh University of Punjab
The reports were released by the Office of Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trademarks, Government
292. The National Authority of Ship Recycling will be set up in______________________________.
Answer: Gandhinagar, Gujarat