Current Affairs For 16th APRIL 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, UPSC Based exam, WBCS, State level civil service, etc.
257. The Union Cabinet has recently approved _________________ of capital infusion into the National
Infrastructure Investment Fund as a part of the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
Answer: Rs 6,000 crores
258. Which entity has recently launched an initiative called ‘Securities Market Trainers’ (SMARTs)
program to enhance investor education and awareness?
The program was launched during the World Investor Week (WIW), observed from Nov 23 to 29, 2020.
The first batch of SMARTs includes 40 individuals across 16 states and union territories, covering 31 districts
on a pan-India basis with 4 days of training at National Institute of Securities Market (NISM).
259. Vice President Venkaiah Naidu has recently awarded the second National Water Awards.
__________________won the first place followed by Maharashtra and Rajasthan at second and third places,
Answer: Tamil Nadu
Mizoram bagged the topmost position under the special category.
260. New York-based Scottish writer Douglas Stuart has won the Booker Prize 2020 for his debut novel
Answer: Shuggie Bain
261. The ___________________ under the Uttar Pradesh Forest Department has bagged the first
international TX2 award.
Answer: Pilibhit Tiger Reserve
The Pilibhit Tiger Reserve was awarded for doubling its number of tigers in four years. The target set was to
double the numbers in ten years.
262. The President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Shri Yashvardhan K Sinha as the new
Answer: Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) of India
263. World’s longest serving Prime Minister Khalifa Bin Salman Al Khalifa died recently in November. He
belonged to which country?
264. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed Senapathy Gopalakrishnan as the 1st chairperson of
__________________, a newly created entity.
Answer: Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH)
265. The Election Commission of India (ECI) has approved the appointment of Sonu Sood as the State
Election Icon of ___________________.
Answer: Punjab. Sonu Sood hails from the Moga district of Punjab.
266. Who has been recently elected as the External Auditor of Inter Parliamentary Union (IPU) for 3
Answer: Girish Chandra Murmu, 14th Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India
267. Veteran Violinist and Padma Shri & Padma Bhushan Awardee _____________________ passed away at
the age of 92 at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Answer: Tripunithura Narayanaiyer Krishnan (T N Krishnan)
He was born in 1928 in Kerala. He received the Padma Shri in 1973 and Padma Bhusan in 1992, India’s highest
civilian awards, for arts.
268. Name the former Chief Minister (CM) of Sikkim who recently passed away at the age of 73 due to
prolonged illness in Gangtok, Sikkim.
Answer: Sanchaman Limboo