Current Affairs 7th January 2021
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Recently, World Economic Forum has
selected _________ Indian cities to
pioneer roadmap for smart cities.
Explanation: The four Indian cities- Indore, Faridabad, Bengaluru, and
Hyderabad figured among the 36 cities all over the world
that have agreed to pioneer a roadmap for safely
adopting new technology as part of the G20 Global Smart
02. Who among the following has
been appointed the first
chairperson of Reserve Bank
A. Sandeep Jha
B. Kris Gopalakrishnan
C. Aman Verma
D. Kunal Pandey
Explanation: The co-founder and former Co-Chairman of Infosys,
Senapathy (Kris) Gopalakrishnan has been
appointed as the first Chairperson of Reserve Bank
Innovation Hub (RBIH).
● In August 2020, the central bank had announced to
set up the Reserve Bank Innovation Hub for
promoting innovation across the financial sector.
03. Which of the following state has
recorded the best sex ratio in the
C. Arunachal Pradesh
Explanation: The three north-eastern states top the 2018 report on “Vital
statistics of India based on the Civil Registration System (CRS)”.
● With 1,084 females born per thousand males, Arunachal Pradesh
recorded the best sex ratio in the country, followed by Nagaland
at 965 females and Mizoram at 964.
04. Hurricane Iota made landfall in
Nicaragua. What is the capital of
C. San Salvador
D. San José
Explanation: Hurricane Iota made landfall in Nicaragua in Central America and has developed into a category five
● Iota was spotted as a tropical depression last week in the Central Caribbean Sea by the US National
Hurricane Center (NHC).
05. World Day of Remembrance for
Road Traffic Victims 2020 is
observed every year on
A. 14 November
B. 15 November
C. 16 November
D. 17 November
World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims
is marked every year on Third Sunday in the month
● In 2020, World Day of Remembrance for Road
Traffic Victims falls on 15 November 2020.
● 2020 theme
06. Which of the following has
launched four astronauts to the
International Space Station on the
first full-fledged taxi flight for
NASA by a private company?
B. Blue Origin
C. The Boring Company
SpaceX launched four astronauts to the International
Space Station on the first full
-fledged taxi flight for
a private company. ● The Falcon rocket thundered into the night from
Kennedy Space Center with three Americans and one
07. The four-day celebrations of
Chhath Puja have begun in
different parts of the country. Who
among the following is
worshipped on the Chhath Puja?
A. Lord Vishnu
B. Lord Shiva
Explanation: The four-day celebrations of Chhath Puja have begun in
different parts of the country with the traditional Nahay Khay
● Puja will conclude after paying oblation to the rising Sun.
● Chhath Puja is celebrated to worship the Sun God and thank
him for supporting life on earth.
08. Goldman Sachs has projected India’s
gross domestic product (GDP) to
contract by __________ in the
financial year 2020-21.
A. 8.4 %
B. 10.3 %
C. 12.6 %
D. 13.1 %
Explanation: Investment bank Goldman Sachs expects India’s
gross domestic product (GDP) to contract by 10.3
percent in the financial year 2020
● The American firm projected India
’s GDP to rebound
to 13 percent in the succeeding fiscal, FY22
● The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) expects India’s GDP
to contract by 9.5 percent on a real basis during the
ongoing fiscal due to the impact suffered by the
economy during the COVID
09. In November 2020, the Reserve
Bank placed the which of the
following bank under moratorium
with immediate effect?
A. Karur Vysya Bank
B. City Union Bank
C. Indian Overseas Bank
D. Lakshmi Vilas Bank
Explanation: In view of its weak financials, the Reserve Bank has placed
the Lakshmi Vilas Bank Limited under moratorium with
● RBI said the moratorium will be effective for thirty days with
a view to protect depositors’ interest.
● Accordingly, RBI has capped all cash withdrawals from the
bank to twenty five thousand rupees.
● According to the banking regulator, the private sector lender
has seen a steady decline in its financials with it incurring
losses over the last three years.
10. Which of the following county will
host the Women’s Under-17 football
World Cup 2022 edition?
The Women’s Under-17 football World Cup in India,
which was initially postponed to next year due to COVID-
19 pandemic, was cancelled by FIFA, but India was
handed the hosting rights of the 2022 edition.
● The FIFA cancelled both the women’s U-17 World Cup
and U-20 World Cup which were scheduled to be held in
India and Costa Rica respectively but handed both the
countries the hosting rights of the 2022 editions.
● It has also announced that the FIFA Club World Cup,
originally planned for next month, will now be held from
February 1st to 11 next year in Doha.