Current Affairs 6th October 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. In September 2020, Indian Navy is
scheduled to undertake a Passage
Exercise (PASSEX) with which of the
Explanation: The Indian Navy (IN) is scheduled to undertake a Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with Royal Australian
Navy (RAN) in the East Indian Ocean Region (IOR) from 23 to 24 September, 2020.
● The exercise would involve participation of HMAS Hobart from the Australian side and Indian Naval
Ships Sahyadri and Karmuk.
02. Lok Sabha recently passed Jammu
and Kashmir Official Languages Bill,
2020. The bill aims to make how many
languages as the official languages of
Jammu and Kashmir?
Lok Sabha passed the Jammu and Kashmir Official
Languages Bill, 2020
● The bill aims to make Kashmiri, Dogri, Hindi, English
and Urdu as the official languages of the Union
Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
● The earlier the official language for the Union
territory was only Urdu.
03. DRDO conducts a successful flight test of ABHYAS. ABHYAS is a/ an _________.
A. Sniper rifle
B. Armoured Vehicle-Launched
C. High-speed Expendable Aerial
D. Mine Protected Vehicle
Explanation: The successful flight test of ABHYAS – High-speed Expendable Aerial Target was conducted by Defence Research
and Development Organisation, DRDO from the Interim Test Range, Balasore in Odisha.
● During the trials, two demonstrator vehicles were successfully test flown.
● The vehicle can be used as a target for evaluation of various missile systems.
● Abhyas is designed and developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment of DRDO.
04. Recently, Gupteshwar Pandey took voluntary retirement. He was serving as the Director General of Police (DGP) of ________.
C. Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: In Bihar, Director General of Police (DGP)
Gupteshwar Pandey took voluntary retirement
with immediate effect.
● The State Government granted his request five
months before the completion of his service
tenure on 28th of February next year.
● Mr Pandey has been in limelight for taking a strong stand on the bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput ’s death case in which an FIR was lodged.
05. Prime Minister Modi recently
launched “Ghar Tak Fibre” scheme in
B. Tamil Nadu
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched nine highway projects and Ghar tak Fiber scheme in Bihar.
● Under the Ghar tak fibre Scheme, optical fibre services will be provided to households.
● The project is to be implemented by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology under the scheme
“Ghar Tak Fibre”.
06. Recently, Ashalata Wabgaonkar passed away. She was a/an _________.
D. Social Activist
Explanation: Noted Marathi actress and Bollywood ’s veteran character artist Ashalata Wabgaonkar passed away due to Covid 19 infection.
● The actress had worked in many Bollywood hits including ‘Apne Paraye’, ‘Zanjeer, ‘Namak Halal’, ‘Sharaabi’, ‘Shaukeen’ and Marathi movies like
‘Maherchi Sadi’, ‘Vahinichi Maya’, ‘Umbartha’, ‘Sutradhar’, ‘Navari Mile Navryala’.
07. Who among the following is the
author of the book “Kitchens of
A. Vikas Khanna
B. Ranveer Brar
C. Garima Arora
D. Sonu Sood
Explanation: Michelin Star chef Vikas Khanna’s Feed India initiative was one of the brighter things during the bleak
● Spearheaded by him, it crossed 30 million meals in more than 135 cities.
● And now, he will be writing about all this and more in this new book, Kitchens of Gratitude, which will be out
● Published by Penguin Random House, India, the book will detail the author’s experience and also touch upon
his will to combat the ills of the time with the nourishing quality of food.
08. Which of the following bank had been approved 300 million doller loan for Rajasthan Town?
C. WORLD BANK
Explanation: The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a 300 million dollar loan to finance inclusive water supply and sanitation infrastructure and services in secondary towns of Rajasthan.
09. which of the following state government launches unified portal names U-Rise?
D. Utter Pradesh
Explanation: The Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, Yogi Adityanath has launched a unified portal called ‘U-Rise’. Uttar Pradesh is the first state to launch such a unified portal along with the implementation of the National Education Policy (NEP)-2020.
10. Which of the following scheme has been launched by Rajasthan CM allow free bus travel to two members of the family of the deceased to immerse ashes of their loved ones in the Ganga in Haridwar?
A. Moksha Kalash Yojana-2020’.
B. Pradhan mantri jan dhan Yojana
C. beti banchao bati parao yojana
D. jal yojana
Explanation: The Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Ashok Gehlot has approved the Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation’s scheme called ‘Moksha Kalash Yojana-2020’. This Moksha Kalash Yojana aims to allow free bus travel to two members of the family of the deceased to immerse ashes of their loved ones in the Ganga in Haridwar