Current Affairs 5th October 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Union minister of state for railways
Suresh Angadi passed away days
after he tested positive for Covid-19.
He was the fourth-term Member of
Parliament from seat ________.
Explanation: Union minister of state for railways and Karnataka BJP MP Suresh Angadi, 65, passed away days after he tested
positive for Covid-19.
● Angadi is the first Central minister to die of coronavirus.
● Suresh Angadi Angadi was the fourth-term MP from Belagavi.
02. Recently, Bhupesh Pandya passed
away. He was a/ an ________.
Explanation: Theatre personality and Bollywood actor Bhupesh
Pandya has passed away.
● He was seen in several films such as Vicky Donor,
Parmanu, Hazaron Khwahishein Aisi, Delhi Crime has
lost his battle to cancer.
● Bhupesh Kumar Pandya graduated from National School
of Drama in 2001
03. Who among the following is the author of the book “Voices of
A. Bipan Chandra
B. Meenakshi Jain
C. Romila Thapar
D. Arundhati Roy
Explanation: Noted Indian Historian and author Romila Thapar has
written a new book titled “Voices of Dissent”
● The book is a historical essay that explores dissent,
including its articulation and public response to its forms,
with a focus on the recent protest in India against the
citizenship law and the National Register of Citizens.
● She was honoured with Padma Bhushan in 2005 which
she declined to state that she made a resolve not to accept
any “State Award”.
04. India aims to end tuberculosis by
the year ________.
Explanation: Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan has said that India has
accorded high priority for ending tuberculosis by 2025,
five years ahead of the Sustainable Development Goals.
● Dr Harsh Vardhan said this while addressing Ministers of
Member Nations of WHO, Heads and Representatives of
UN Agencies through virtual interaction.
05. In the year 2020, the United Nation
marks its ________ anniversary.
Explanation: World leaders came together, virtually, on Monday to mark the 75th anniversary of the United Nations, as the deadly coronavirus pandemic and tensions between the United States and China challenge the effectiveness and solidarity of the 193 -member body.
● The UN was formulated and negotiated among the
delegations from the Allied Big Four (the United States,
the United Kingdom, the Soviet Union and China) at the
Dumbarton Oaks Conference from 21 September 1944
to 7 October 1944 and they agreed on the aims,
structure and functioning of the UN.
06. Recently, The Union Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports in partnership with
__________ have signed a “Statement of Intent” to establish YuWaah-Generation Unlimited (GenU).
A. World Bank
B. United Nations Children Fund
C. Food and Agriculture
D. International Committee of the
Explanation: The Union Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports and the United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) have signed a “Statement of Intent” to establish YuWaah -Generation Unlimited (GenU).
● YuWaah is a global multi -stakeholder platform in India, to equip young people in India with the skills they need to fulfil their potential and lift up their communities.
07. Recently, SEBI has constituted a
Technical group on the social stock
exchange (SSE) to develop a
framework for onboarding non-profit
organizations (NPO) and for-profit
enterprises (FPE) on SSE under the
chairmanship of _________.
A. Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
B. Rajeev Singh Singla
C. Pradeep Chaurasia
D. Sandeep Patil
Explanation: SEBI has constituted a Technical group on the social stock exchange (SSE) to develop a framework for
onboarding non-profit organizations (NPO) and for-profit enterprises (FPE) on SSE.
● The technical group would be chaired by former chairman of NABARD, Harsh Kumar Bhanwala.
08. Which of the following has partnered
with VISA for the rollout of
tokenization across its platform that
will enable users to safely transact
with their debit or credit cards?
B. Google Pay
Explanation: Google Pay has partnered with VISA for the rollout of
tokenization across its platform that will enable users to
safely transact with their debit or credit cards.
● Through tokenization, Google Pay users can make payment
by using the debit or credit card without physically sharing
their credit or debit card details through a secure digital
token attached to their phone.
09. Who among the following has
famous tennis player has recently
won Brookwater Golf Club women’s
A. Simona Halep
B. Ashleigh Barty
C. Novak Djokovic
D. Rafael Nadal
Explanation: The top-ranked Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) player in the world and a former professional cricket player, Ashleigh Barty has now added another feat in her sporting list by winning Brookwater Golf Club women’s championship.
● The 24-year-old Australian, who famously played professional cricket during a year out from tennis, decided not to leave home for the U.S. Open or her title defence at Roland Garros because of the pandemic.
10. International Day of Sign
Languages is observed every year
A. 20 September
B. 21 September
C. 22 September
D. 23 September
Explanation: International Day of Sign Languages (IDSL) is celebrated annually across the world on 23 September.
● The last week of September is also observed as International Week of the Deaf.
● The theme for the 2020 International Day of Sign Languages is “Sign Languages are for Everyone!