Current Affairs 3rd September 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Which of the following state has
launched a new scheme to promote
bio-floc fish farming system?
B. Tamil Nadu
D. West Bengal
Explanation: Odisha has launched a new scheme to promote intensive aquaculture through bio-floc technology in fisheries.
● The Bio-floc based farming system is an advanced fish farming technology, which has been introduced in the State to provide livelihood support to young entrepreneurs and interested
progressive fish farmers of the state.
02. Which of the following state is
carrying out a unique programme
called “Namath Basai” of teaching
tribal children in their mother
B. Tamil Nadu
Explanation: The Kerala State government is carrying out a unique programme called “Namath Basai” of
teaching tribal children in their mother tongue.
● It has succeeded in retaining hundreds of tribal children in their online classes using their
mother tongue as language of instruction.
● It offers pre-recorded classes through a YouTube channel in three tribal languages in Attappady
valley in Palakkad District Kerala.
03. Recently, four people from the Bonda
tribal community have tested positive
for the Covid-19. Bonda people lives
mainly in the state of ________.
C. Andaman and Nicobar
Explanation: Recently, four people from the Bonda tribal community have tested positive for the Covid- 19.
● Bondas are one of the 13 Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs) found in Odisha.
04. According to the CRISIL report,
During the first four months of the
current fiscal, the average income
per month for unskilled workers
under the MGNREGA was around ________.
A. 700 rupees per month
B. 1,000 rupees per month
C. 1,400 rupees per month
D. 1,800 rupees per month
Explanation: Average income of MGNREGA workers doubled during coronavirus lockdown, a CRISIL report says.
● The average income per month for unskilled workers under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) nearly doubled to around 1,000 rupees per month during the first four months of the current fiscal.
05. Barak Valley is recently in the
news due to the outbreak of
COVID-19. Barak Valley is in
A. Himachal Pradesh
B. Jammu and Kashmir
Explanation: In Assam, Barak Valley has been put under strict lockdown due to the alarming situation of COVID-19.
● In a bid to contain the outbreak of COVID 19, all the three district disaster management authorities in Barak
Valley have issued separate orders to restrict activities.
06. Which of the following state
topped in the first ever Export
Preparedness index 2020 released
by NITI Ayog?
A. Uttar Pradesh
Explanation: Gujarat has been ranked first in the first ever Export Preparedness index 2020 released by NITI Ayog.
● It is the first of its kind index on the lines of ease of doing business ranking, which has ranked all the states and
Union Territories on various parameters of export preparedness and competitiveness.
07. According to a recent
announcement, Public Sector
Undertakings are allowed to clear
the Customs duty on goods
imported by them within_________.
A. 7 days
B. 10 days
C. 14 days
D. 18 days
Explanation: Government has announced a major initiative to allow the Public Sector Undertakings to
first clear the goods imported by them through Customs and then pay Customs duty later,
within 14 days.
● This measure is expected to result in speedier clearance of the good imported by the
08.Which of the following bank has
recently launched a Liberty
Savings Account aimed at
A. ICICI Bank
B. State Bank of India
C. HDFC Bank
D. Axis Bank
Explanation: Axis Bank has launched a new savings account called the Axis Liberty Savings Account, aimed at millennial
● It offers customers the option of maintaining a minimum balance of ₹25,000 per month or spending the same amount every month using the bank’s debit card.
● It also provides a complimentary insurance cover of ₹20,000, which includes expenses incurred for covid-19- related hospitalization.
09. A book based on the life of Vasoo
Paranjape will be released on
September 2. Vasoo Paranjape
was associated with which of the
Explanation: A book named ‘Cricket Drona’ on one of India’s most
respected cricket coaches, Vasoo Paranjape, will be released
2 The book published by Penguin has been co
Paranjape’s son, former India player and current national
selector Jatin along with cricket journalist Anand Vasu.
● ‘Cricket Drona’ takes us through the life of Paranjape, who left
a defining impact on the game, shaping the careers of some of
Indian cricket’s greatest figures including Gavaskar, Tendulkar,
Rahul Dravid and Rohit Sharma.
10. World Water Week 2020 is being
observed from _______ to
A. 20 August, 25 August
B. 24 August, 28 August
C. 25 August, 30 August
D. 23 August, 30 August
Explanation: The World Water Week 2020 is observed
as the World Water Week at Home
(WWWeek at Home) from 24th August to
28th August 2020. ● The theme for World Water Week 2020 at
Home is ‘Water and Climate change: Accelerating Action