Current Affairs 27th November 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Which of the following has
launched a WhatsApp number
‘7217735372’ to report cases of
domestic violence during the
coronavirus lockdown period?
A. Delhi Police
B. Central Information
C. Law Commission of India
D. National Commission for
Explanation: The National Commission for Women (NCW) launched a WhatsApp number to report cases of domestic
violence, which have seen a rise during the coronavirus lockdown period.
● The NCW said the WhatsApp number, ‘7217735372’, is in addition to the online complaint links and emails
which are already operational.
02. Which of the following bank has
launched, DIGIGEN portal for
Simple Digital Banking for
Savings Account & Fixed
A. Jana Small Finance Bank
B. DBS Bank
B. Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
C. Kotak Mahindra Bank
Explanation: Jana Small Finance Bank, a scheduled commercial bank,
launched DIGIGEN platform.
● DIGIGEN is a digital banking platform where customers can
digitally open a Savings Account and Fixed Deposit instantly;
● True to its brand promise ‘paise ki kadar’, customers are
eligible for an attractive 4.5% p.a. interest rates on Savings
Account with no minimum balance and up to 7.50%* p.a.
interest on Fixed Deposits.
03. Which of the following company
has partnered with ICICI
Lombard and Go Digit to offer
COVID-19 focused health
B. Amazon India
D. State Bank of India
Explanation: E-commerce marketplace Flipkart, in partnership with ICICI Lombard and Go Digit General Insurance, has launched health
insurance policies on its platform that distinctly cover COVID-19.
● Enabling health cover for consumers combating the global pandemic, the two health insurance policies come with instant
claim benefits and do not require any medical tests at the time of purchase.
● The COVID-19 Protection Cover by ICICI Lombard provides an instant ₹25,000 benefit plan paid to the customer on
positive diagnosis of COVID-19.
● It is priced at an annual premium of ₹159.
04. Recently, Jackie du Preez passed
away. He was a famous _______.
Explanation: The former Zimbabwean cricketer Jackie du Preez passed away.
● The leg-spinner played for South Africa in Zimbabwe’s pre-independence days.
● He played two Tests for South Africa in 1967.
● Du Preez didn’t represent South Africa thereafter but enjoyed a long and successful first-class career.
05. ICMR has drafted a proposal to explore which of the following therapy to treat critical COVID-19 cases?
A. Plasma Therapy
A. Cognitive Therapy
B. Biomass Molecular Therapy
C. Keratin Therapy
Explanation: According to the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), India will soon begin clinical trials of a plasma treatment for critical Covid-19 patients.
● The treatment includes injecting patients with plasma from people who have recovered from the infection, and whose bodies have therefore generated the antibodies required to fight the virus.
The ICMR has approved the use of
Truenat testing device for COVID-
19 screening. It is used in testing
Explanation: The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has validated the use of TrueNat, a machine that is used
to detect drug-resistant Tuberculosis.
● Truenat is a small battery-operated machine. It requires minimal training expertise to operate and can
easily be used in a smaller setting.
07. India assured Uganda that it would
extend all possible support in its
efforts to control the spread of the
novel coronavirus. What is the
capital of Uganda?
India assured Uganda that it would extend all possible support to Kampala in its efforts to control the
spread of the novel coronavirus.
● The assurance was given when Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke with Ugandan President Yoweri
● Modi warmly recalled his visit to Uganda in July 2018, and touched on the special nature of India-
Which two companies are jointly
developing contact tracing
A.Apple and Google
B. Reliance and Google
C. Apple and IBM
D. Apple and facbook
09. The Royal Observatory in
Belgium has observed a
_______per cent fall in levels of
ambient seismic noise since
schools and businesses were
closed in mid-March?
10. India has scored ________ on Covid-19 response tracker made by Oxford University?
Explanation: A tracker, based on data from 73 countries, that calculates governments’ response to Covid-19 has
identified India’s response as one of the most stringent in the world.
● The tracker is based on indicators such as school closures, travel bans as well as measures such as
emergency investment in healthcare, fiscal measure and investment in vaccines by the governments.