Current Affairs 23th October 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. On the conclusion of the 42nd GST
Council meet, the Centre has decided
to disburse nearly___________
among the states from the amount
collected as compensation cess this
A. 5 thousand crore rupees
B. 10 thousand crore rupees
C. 15 thousand crore rupees
D. 20 thousand crore rupees
Explanation: The Centre will urgently disburse nearly 20
thousand crore rupees among the states from the
amount collected as compensation cess this year.
● Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman made the
announcement after the 42nd GST Council meet.
02. Which of the following state/UT
has launched the ‘Yudh
Pradushan ke Virudh’ campaign
against air pollution ahead of
B. Uttar Pradesh
C. New Delhi
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched a mega anti-
air pollution campaign, saying polluted air can be life
threatening in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
● Under the campaign “Yudh Pradushan ke Virudh”, separate
plans have been prepared for each of the 13 pollution
hotspots in the city.
03. Which of the following airport has
become the first airport of the
Airports Authority of India (AAI)
which is entirely solar-powered?
A. Puducherry airport
B. Hyderabad airport
C. Pune airport
D. Guwahati airport
The Puducherry airport has become the first airport of the
Airports Authority of India (AAI) which is entirely solar-
● The 500KWp ground-mounted solar power plant was
commissioned on 2nd October 2020.
04. World Habitat Day 2020 was
observed on ___________.
A. 2 October
B. 3 October
C. 4 October
D. 5 October
The United Nations designated the first Monday of October as
World Habitat Day.
● In 2020, the World Habitat Day is being celebrated on
● The day is commemorated every year worldwide to throw light
on the condition of our towns and cities, and on the basic right of
all to adequate shelter.
● 2020 theme:
“Housing For All
— A Better Urban Future” as a
proper place to live has become important more than ever.
05. Recently, Mohammed Hosni
Mubarak passed away. He
served as the President of
which of the following country
for 30 years?
Explanation: Egypt’s former President Mohammed Hosni Mubarak, who ruled the country for 30 years, died.
06. World NGO day is observed
every year on _______.
A. 24 February
B. 25 February
C. 23 February
D. 27 February
Explanation: World NGO Day is an international day annually observed on 27 February.
● The purpose of World NGO Day is to encourage people to be actively involved in
NGOs and encourage more synergy between NGOs and both the public and private
07. Recently, Carbon more than 8,000
years old has been found inside
the world’s deepest blue hole ‘the
Yongle Blue Hole (YBH)’. YBH is in
A. South China Sea
B. Philippine Sea
C. Bering Sea
D. Caribbean Sea
Explanation: Carbon more than 8,000 years old has been found inside the world’s deepest blue hole ‘the
Yongle Blue Hole (YBH)’ which was recently discovered in the South China Sea.
● YBH has a depth of 300 metres, far deeper than the previously recorded deepest blue hole,
Dean’s Blue Hole in Bahamas, which had a depth of 202 metres.
08. Recently, Air India has evacuated
119 Indians stranded on board due
to the novel Coronavirus from a
Japanese cruise ship named as
A. Harmony of the Seas
B. Allure of the Seas
C. Diamond Princess
D. Carnival Sunrise
Explanation: Air India has evacuated 119 Indians stranded on board Diamond Princess cruise ship off Japan
coast due to novel Coronavirus.
● On 3 February 2020, 3,711 passengers and crew were quarantined by the Japanese Ministry of
Health, Labour and Welfare after a passenger on the ship tested positive for coronavirus disease
09. ‘Indradhanush- V 2020’ is a
joint exercise between Indian
Air Force and _________.
A. Royal Air Force
B.Bangladesh Air Force
C.Brazilian Air Force
D.Royal Australian Air Force
Explanation: The Indian Air Force (IAF) and Royal Air Force (RAF) of UK jointly commenced the
fifth edition of Ex Indradhanush at Air Force Station Hindan.
● The focus of this edition of the exercise is ‘Base Defence and Force Protection’.
10. Which of the following Indian
airport ranks highest in duty-free
revenue per passenger?
A. Indira Gandhi International
B. Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi
C. Chandigarh Airport
D. Swami Vivekananda Airport
Explanation: The duty-free revenue per passenger for Indira Gandhi International Airport is
highest in India at 10 to 11 dollars per passenger.
● According to a report by Knight Frank India, retailers do two times the business
compared to some of the most successful city malls.