Current Affairs 22th October 2020
Current Affairs of the morning are here with the top headlines of the morning. Current Affairs are very important for all competitive exams including Banking, SSC, RBI, NABARD, etc.
01. Which of the following country will host new edition of AIBA World Cup
Explanation: Russia will be the first country to host the new format of the International Boxing
Association (AIBA) Team World Cup 2020.
02. Harvey J Alter and Charles M Rice
of America, and Michael Houghton
win the nobel prize in the field of
D. Physiology or Medicine
Explanation: Two Americans Harvey J. Alter and Charles M. Rice and one
British-born scientist Michael Houghton won the 2020
Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine.
● The won the prize for work in identifying the Hepatitis C
virus, which causes cirrhosis and liver cancer.
03. “Dalle Khursani” chilli received
the GI tag from which of the
following Indian state?
C. West Bengal
The red cherry pepper chilli of Sikkim which is locally
known as the
“Dalle Khursani” has earned the
geographical indication (GI) tag.
● Notably, it is considered as one of the hottest
chillies in the world.
● Dalle Khursani fetches as much as Rs 480 per kg in
the local market today.
04. Recently, Mulayam Singh Yadav
passed away. He was a/an ________.
Explanation: Three-time member of Legislative Council and veteran Samajwadi Party leader from Auraiya, Mulayam Singh
Yadav passed away.
● He had been the block chief of Auraiya’s block, Bhagya Nagar for more than a decade.
05. India and __________ have
collaborated to jointly launch the
constellation of maritime surveillance
satellites for the Indian Ocean
Region, to trace illegal spillage of oil
Explanation: India and France have collaborated to jointly launch the
constellation of maritime surveillance satellites for the
Indian Ocean Region, to trace illegal spillage of oil by
● The satellite will be the first space-based system in the
world capable of tracking ships continuously.
06.Who among the following has
recently won the Right Livelihood
A. Ales Bialiatski
B. Nasrin Sotoudeh
C. Bryan Stevenson
D. Lottie Cunningham Wren
E. All of these
Explanation: The Right Livelihood Award Foundation has
announced the four winners of the 2020 Right
Livelihood Award 2020 which is also known as
the alternative Nobel Prize in Stockholm.
● The four activists Ales Bialiatski of Belarus, Nasrin
Sotoudeh of Iran, Bryan Stevenson of the United
States(US) and Lottie Cunningham Wren of
Nicaragua shared the 2020 award for their
contribution towards equality, democracy,
justice and freedom.
07. Ministry of Road Transport and
Highways has said that emission
norms for tractors will be applicable
A. January 2021
B. October 2021
C. June 2021
D. November 2021
Explanation: Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has said that emission norms for tractors will be applicable
from October 2021 and for Construction Equipment Vehicles, the norms will be applicable from April
● The Ministry has notified amendment to Central Motor Vehicle Rules 1989 on 30th September, 2020
deferring the applicability date for implementing the next stage of emission norms for tractors and
Construction Equipment Vehicles.
● The amendment includes separate emission norms for agricultural machinery (agricultural tractors,
power tillers and combined harvesters) and construction equipment vehicles.
08. Foreign ministers of all four Quad
countries met in the Japanese capital
Tokyo on October 6, 2020. Which of
the following is not a Quad country?
B. South Africa
Foreign ministers of all four Quad countries
– India, US,
– meet in the Japanese capital Tokyo on
● Four ministers discuss regional issues and collectively
affirm the importance of maintaining a free, open and
● This is the second such Quad foreign ministers meet. In
2019, all the foreign ministers of Quad countries met on
the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly.
09. On the NG-14 mission, A commercial
cargo spacecraft reached the
International Space Station (ISS) carrying
approximately 3,630 kilograms of cargo
to the station. The aircraft has been
named after the astronaut ________.
A. Rakesh Sharma
B. Sunita Williams
C. Kalpana Chawla
D. Laurel Clark
A commercial cargo spacecraft bound for the International
Space Station (ISS), carrying the name of deceased NASA
astronaut Kalpana Chawla, arrived at the International Space
● Kalpana Chawla, the first Indian
-born woman to enter space,
has had the spacecraft named after her for her key
contributions to human spaceflight.
● On the NG
-14 mission, the SS Kalpana Chawla will deliver
approximately 3,630 kilograms of cargo to the station.
10. The 12th BRICS Summit will be held
on 17th November 2020 via video
conference under the chairmanship of
Explanation: The 12th BRICS Summit will be held on 17th
November 2020 via video conference.
● The theme of the Meeting of the Leaders of BRICS
countries which includes Brazil, Russia, India,
China and South Africa is “BRICS Partnership for
Global Stability, Shared Security and Innovative
● The Summit this year is being held under the
Chairmanship of Russia and aims at a multifaceted
cooperation between the member countries.